Advanced Search

Volume 7 - Number 15

July 18, 2014

House Democrats’ Bill Features Amped-Up GNMA

Ginnie Mae would play a greater role in a private-market partnership model envisioned in proposed housing finance reform legislation introduced recently by House Democrats. However, many in the industry doubt whether a Democrat-sponsored reform bill will pass in this Congress. Sponsored by Reps. John Delaney (MD), John Carney (DE) and Jim Himes (CT), the Partnership to Strengthen Homeownership Act would put Ginnie Mae in charge of all single- and multifamily mortgage-backed securities with government backing. Among other things, H.R. 5055 would create a new Ginnie Mae MBS for conventional mortgages backed by the full faith and credit of the federal government with minimum support from the private sector. Under the proposed model, private entities would assume up to 5 percent of the first-loss capital on the MBS. The remaining 95 percent would be shared between ...

Subscribers to Inside FHA/VA Lending have full access to all its stories and data online. Visitors may become subscribers for full access or may purchase individual articles and data.

Subscriber Log In

If you are a current subscriber or already purchased this article, please login below.

Forgot your password?

Already subscribe but haven't registered for all the benefits of the website?

Subscribe

This biweekly resource helps mortgage executives grow and manage their FHA business.

 

Pay-Per-View

You can purchase this article for $55.00 without subscribing and always have access to it on insidemortgagefinance.com.

Pay Per View

Please contact Customer Service if you need assistance: 1-800-570-5744

Poll

The year is almost 75% done. How is mortgage origination volume at your shop?

We will fund about the same as we did in 2016.
We will fund more than last year – by a little.
We will fund more than last year – by a lot.
We will fund less than last year – by a little.
We will fund less than last year – by a lot.

vote to see results