Mortgage Profitability Report 3Q23 (PDF)
Learn more about the financial twists and turns at mortgage companies with Inside Mortgage Finance’s Mortgage Profitability Report. Issued quarterly, this report digs into the financial performance for hundreds of lenders, so you know what’s contributing to — or detracting from — their bottom lines.
The report includes exhaustive bank-by-bank rankings of the latest mortgage-banking earnings and sales activity figures as well as rankings showing the current state of banks’ repurchases and mortgage servicing rights assets. In addition to the micro detail by bank, the report provides marketwide analysis and additional profitability information on the industry’s biggest players.
Use the Mortgage Profitability Report to get a firm handle on how well your own efforts are faring compared to the competition and the industry as a whole. You’ll also have the information you need to see where the market is going so you can get there with, or before, it.
You’ll have in-depth numbers on
- Bank Mortgage-Banking Earnings Net income results for all banks with more than $1 billion in assets (386 institutions in 3Q23) and the market.
- Mortgage Earnings Snapshot Quarterly earnings for a selection of institutions based on earnings reports.
- Secondary Market Activity Mortgage originations and sales comparisons for 364 lenders and the market.
- Bank/Thrift Mortgage Repurchase/Indemnification Activity Ranking of banks and thrifts (142 institutions) by repurchase volume.
- Bank Mortgage Servicing Rights Assets Unpaid principal balance of servicing for others and fair market value of MSRs for all banks with more than $1 billion in assets (639 institutions).
Choose "PDF Format" for immediate download of document. You will also be able to access the document, at any time, through the "My Account" feature on insidemortgagefinance.com.
Choose "Subscription" and download the current quarterly report immediately. We'll load the next three quarterly reports to your insidemortgagefinance.com account as soon as they are published and notify you by email.