Agency Seller-Issuer Profile 1Q23 (Spreadsheet)
Inside Mortgage Finance's Agency Seller-Issuer Profile examines the sales at every institution that sold to Fannie, Freddie or Ginnie in 1Q23, from #1 United Wholesale Mortgage to #1458 HomeBanc Mortgage, for a comprehensive look at the market. You’ll get detailed information on how much each seller-issuer is delivering to each agency. You’ll see how the sales break down by product type—refinance or purchase. You’ll see where each seller-issuer is sourcing its loans — retail, correspondent or broker. Plus, you’ll find specifics on the demographics — FICO score, loan-to-value and debt-to-income averages.
The particulars allow you to compare and contrast your results, as well as your products and processes, with the rest of the market to root out refinements and new approaches that will improve your own results.
The current report looks at the 1,458 seller-issuers to the agencies in the first quarter of 2023 and reports on their activity. You’ll find:
- Ranking of the 1,458 seller-issuers by volume with detail on their market share, volume by agency, volume by channel and volume by loan purpose.
- Separate rankings of agency seller-issuers by loan purpose, including channel breakdown by agency type.
- Data on average credit characteristics (credit score, debt-to-income ratio, loan-to-value ratio), by agency and channel, for both purchase loans and refis.
The data in the Agency Seller-Issuer Profile are derived by IMF’s research from loan-level disclosures on single-family mortgage-backed securities issued by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae.
Find out who’s doing what to score more business. For example:
- Who is making use of correspondents and brokers, and what type of business are those channels bringing in;
- Who is lending to low-FICO customers and what do the other loan demographics look like;
- Who is doing a lot of purchase-money business and what kind of loans are they making;
- Where is the business getting done—where do opportunities lie;
- By lender, what are average FICO scores, DTI and LTV ratios, refi share and channel breakdowns;
- Whose business would match up well with yours to create a successful partnership.
Choose "PDF Format" or "Spreadsheet Format" for immediate download of document. You will also be able to access the document, at any time, in the "Purchased Content" section of your account on insidemortgagefinance.com.
Choose "Subscription" and download the current quarterly report, in spreadsheet format, immediately. We'll load the next three quarterly reports to your account as soon as they are published, and notify you by email of their availability.