GSE Seller Profile: 3Q17 PDF Format
Inside Mortgage Finance's GSE Seller Profile examines the sales at every institution that sold to Fannie or Freddie in 3Q17, from #1 Wells Fargo to #1837 Sky Investments. You'll have detailed information on where each seller is sourcing its loans—retail, correspondent or broker. You'll have particulars on the loan demographics—FICO score, loan-to-value, debt-to-income and loan size averages. You'll also see how the sales break down by product type—refinance or purchase. Dig deeper into the channel-specific data to get even more narrowly focused information on loan demographics and product type.
The particulars allow you to compare and contrast your results, as well as your products and processes, with the rest of the market to root out refinements and new approaches that will improve your own results.
The current report looks at the 1,837 sellers to the GSEs in the third quarter of 2017 and reports on their activity. You’ll find:
- Ranking of the 1,837 sellers by volume with detail on their market share, volume by channel, volume by loan purpose and average loan characteristics.
- An alphabetical listing with rank, total volume and market share and detail on each seller’s volume by channel, volume by loan purpose and average loan characteristics.
- Separate rankings of GSE sellers by channel with channel volume and market share. These rankings provide separate detail on average credit score, DTI, LTV and loan size for refinance and purchase loans.
- Average coupon for the Top 100 sellers for each month in the quarter. You’ll find coupon rate for all loans as well as for each purpose and each channel.
The data in the GSE Seller Profile are derived by IMF’s research team from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loan-level mortgage securities disclosures.
Find out who’s doing what to score more business. For example:
- Who is making use of correspondents and brokers, and what type of business are those channels bringing in;
- Who is lending to low FICO customers and what do the other loan demographics look like;
- Who is doing a lot of purchase-money business and what kind of loans are they making;
- Where is the business getting done—where do opportunities lie;
- By lender, what are the average FICO, DTI, LTV, size, refi share, and channel breakdowns;
- Whose business would match up well with yours to create a successful partnership.
Choose "PDF Format" or "Spreadsheet Format" for immediate download of document. You will also be able to access the document, at any time, through the "My Account" feature on insidemortgagefinance.com.