GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile: 2Q16 PDF Format
Inside Mortgage Finance’s GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile: 2Q16 digs into the second quarter sales of PMI-covered loans to explore the particulars of such business lender by lender for 1,559 companies: what volume of PMI-covered loans each lender sold, what the loan-to-value ratios were, how much of the lender’s GSE sales had PMI coverage, what channel the loans originated in, and which GSE the loans were sold to.
From GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile: 2Q16, you’d learn:
- Prosperity Home Mortgage relied on PMI coverage for 51.4 percent of the loans it sold to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac during the quarter. Provident Funding Associates, on the other hand, barely used PMI at all, with only 7.2 percent of its sold loans carrying such coverage.
- At Freedom Mortgage Corp., more than half of the $478.5 million in PMI-covered loans it sold to the GSEs came from correspondents. Meanwhile at Homestreet Bank, $364.4 million, 93.4 percent of its total quarterly sales to the GSEs, were retail originated.
- Loans with 96 percent to 97 percent loan-to-value made up 5.3 percent of 2Q16 PMI-covered sales. But at Lake Michigan Credit Union, they were 10.5 percent of the lender’s 2Q action.
- More than 16 percent of the 2Q loan sales with LTV between 98 percent and 105 percent were for loans in Georgia and Florida. In Kansas, 40.6 percent of the 2Q loans carry private MI.
Gather this information and much more from these data collections:
- Ranking of the 1,559 lenders by volume of loans with private mortgage insurance. (Also presented in alphabetical order.)
- Ranking of the lenders by volume of loans originated in the broker or retail channels with private mortgage insurance. (Also presented in alphabetical order.)
- Ranking of PMI use by property state.
The data in this report will help you learn who is using private mortgage insurance, how heavily they are relying on it for their GSE business, and what the characteristics are of the typical loan that they are insuring.
Choose "PDF Format" for immediate download of document. You will also be able to access the document, at any time, through the "My Account" feature on insidemortgagefinance.com.