Combating Mortgage Fraud audio conference Audio CD, Transcript and Manual
Combating Mortgage Fraud: The Latest on Federal and State Initiatives
An Inside Mortgage Finance Audio Conference Held Thursday, June 4, 2009
- An audio CD so you can listen to the entire discussion, including Q&A with officials, experts and industry leaders;
- The conference manual, which includes a program outline, speaker bios and supplemental materials, plus key articles on the topic from the pages of Inside Mortgage Finance and our other newsletters;
- A full transcript, including the audience Q&A sessions—a favorite part of these events.
This year’s surge in mortgage activity, combined with unprecedented loan modifications and other foreclosure avoidance measures, is generating a new wave of fraud that is sweeping the country. A new law gives more power to the federal government to curb abuse and increase enforcement. State lawmakers have been rushing to tighten anti-fraud laws. And mortgage market players are stepping up their efforts to ensure they are not a casualty of mortgage fraud in 2009.
The latest on federal and state anti-fraud initiatives are the focus of this Inside Mortgage Finance audio conference.
Find out the most current strategies being employed by states and lenders. You’ll learn what’s new in legislation and enforcement. Don’t miss this conference call where you can hear a panel of mortgage fraud experts.
These Experts Share Their Insights and Answer Questions:
- Justin Vedder, Managing Director, The Prieston Group;
- David McLaughlin, Senior Assistant Attorney General, Special Prosecutions Unit, State of Georgia Department of Law;
- Chuck Cross, VP Mortgage Regulatory Policy, Conference of State Bank Supervisors;
- Paul Sullivan, Director of Mortgage Fraud Risk Operations, GMAC-ResCap;
- Guy Cecala, Publisher, Inside Mortgage Finance, will moderate.
Listen to this Audio Conference and Learn:
- What you can do internally to identify and evaluate areas of risk, and what your employees need to know to detect fraud;
- About the provisions of the new federal law;
- What you can do to mitigate your loss if you are victimized;
- What are the potential areas for fraud in the existing Home Affordable Modification program;
- How important is third-party verified documentation to protect lenders and the government;
- What lenders and investors should know about increased fraud risks with TARP, HAM, H4H and FHA programs;
- What the states should be able to do with new government fraud-fighting funds;
- How prevalent are the new varieties of fraud, such as foreclosure rescue, bankruptcy and reverse mortgage schemes—and how to combat them.
CLICK HERE to download MP3 file, Transcript and Manual
or continue below to order by mail