IMFnews articles are available only to registered users. Sign up to get free access to all IMFnews articles and the daily email alert.
IMFnews - March 22, 2017
Wall Streeter Phillips to Play Critical Role at Treasury on GSE Reform; GSE Principles Coming Soon from Trump?
By Paul Muolo
Calabria joined the Trump administration from the conservative Cato Institute and is no fan of the GSEs...
By Brandon Ivey
It appears that depositories are growing their portfolios by adding jumbo mortgages along with loans eligible for sale to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
By Paul Muolo
CEO Mark Filler said FoAC is now offering fix-and-flip loans as cheaply as 6.99 percent
By Thomas Ressler
For the CFPB to pass the constitutionality test, its director needs to be removable by the president of the United States...
By George Brooks
Among the top 10 originators in 2016, Reverse Mortgage Solutions posted the largest annual decline at 64.5 percent. RMS is owned by Walter Investment
Short Takes: Reading the Mortgage Tea Leaves for 1Q17 / When in Doubt, Go Non-QM / Impac by the Numbers / Applications Fall, Existing Homes Sales Drop as Well
By Paul Muolo, Brandon Ivey
Dont look now but the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury is now down to 2.40 percent. And just in time for the spring home buying season
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
With rates higher this year, there has been talk of lenders liberalizing their underwriting standards in an effort to increase volume and make up for lower refis.
Do you think your shop will loosen standards over the coming three months?
- Yes, but not by much.
- Yes, by a lot.
- Yes and, heck, we may even do non-QM lending.
- No, not at all.
- No and we may even tighten credit.
Most Popular Stories
- Bank Holdings of First Liens Increased in 4Q16 Ever So Slightly
- Wall Streeter Phillips to Play Critical Role at Treasury on GSE Reform; GSE Principles Coming Soon from Trump?
- MBA: Net Origination Profit Plunged 68 Percent in 4Q16
- Finance of America Commercial Makes Big Push Into Broker Market with Fix & Flip Lending
- Short Takes: Coming Soon: Falling Interest Rates? / Walter Gets Smacked Down Again / Embrace Sends its Top LOs to Boca / CoreLogics $5 Million Man (Rounded) / A New Hire for Silver Hill