Advanced Search

July 10, 2014

House Democrats File ‘Middle Ground’ GSE Reform Legislation

By Charles Wisniowski

The Democratic proposal calls for private mortgage capital to backstop the first 5 percent of conventional-mortgage securitizations with the remaining 95 percent of risk shared “on a pari passu basis.”

Read the full article when you register for your FREE IMFnews account.

Free Registration

IMFnews articles are available only to registered users. Sign up to get free access to all IMFnews articles and the daily email alert.

Already Registered?

If you have an existing account with Inside Mortgage Finance, please login below.

Forgot your password?

Poll

With rates higher this year, there has been talk of lenders liberalizing their underwriting standards in an effort to increase volume and make up for lower refis.

Do you think your shop will loosen standards over the coming three months?

Yes, but not by much.
Yes, by a lot.
Yes and, heck, we may even do non-QM lending.
No, not at all.
No and we may even tighten credit.

vote to see results