Follow Us On Twitter. Watch Us On YouTube.Follow @IMFpubs
Inside Mortgage Finance Publications
7910 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 1000
Bethesda, MD 20814-7019
(301) 951-1240 voice
(301) 656-1709 fax
CEO & Publisher
Guy Cecala, ext. 314
Director of Circulation & Customer Service
Gwendolyn Echols-Jones, ext. 324
Customer Service Associate
Erika Burnett, ext. 325
VP and Executive Editor
John Bancroft, ext. 311
Paul Muolo, ext. 329
Senior Editor, Inside Nonconforming Markets
Editor, Inside FHA Lending
George Brooks, ext. 312
Editor, Inside the CFPB
Editor, Small Business Tax News
Thomas Ressler, ext. 321
Editor, Inside The GSEs
Charles Wisniowski, ext. 330
Research & Statistics
Ben Bradshaw, ext. 316
Director of Marketing
Mari Mullane, ext. 309
Tony Cecala, ext. 319
Laura Cecala, ext. 318
For questions about how to subscribe or make changes to your account, click here.
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 3Q14
- GSE Seller Profile: 3Q14
- Mortgage Profitabiilty 2Q14
- Top Players 2Q14
- Agency Condo Market: 2013
What is it going to take to convince lenders to loosen the credit box (i.e., remove underwriting overlays)?
- The recent rep and warranty changes announced by the Federal Housing Finance Agency should go a long way in protecting lenders from future buybacks and help expand mortgage credit.
- There wont be any significant elimination of underwriting overlays until the government stops seeking huge mortgage-related penalties and settlements from lenders.
- There shouldnt be any expansion of the mortgage credit box since looser underwriting is what caused the recent mortgage crisis.
Most Popular Stories
- Wilbur Ross Quits Ocwens Board for Vice Chairmanship at Bank of Cyprus
- Will PIMCOs Investment in Nonprime Lender Pave the Way for Other Deals?
- Subprime Mortgage Servicing Rights Draining Away
- Under FHFA Policy Change, Qualified Foreclosed Homeowners Can Repurchase Their Homes
- Lenders Urge Feds to Restore 100 Percent Risk-Weighting for MSRs, More