Last-Minute QM Doublecheck
An Inside Mortgage Finance Webinar
Recorded December 12, 2013
The new ability-to-repay or so-called “qualified mortgage” rule requires all mortgage originators to meet specific ATR requirements and supply the necessary documentation to support that compliance. It also requires lenders to fully understand the risks of making mortgages that don’t meet the new QM standards.
Make sure you haven’t overlooked any important considerations when the new ATR/QM rule takes effect. Listen as a panel of experts provides you and your team with an 11th hour review of this major rule and its requirements.
You’ll hear from:
- Richard Andreano, Partner, Ballard Spahr
- Suzanne Garwood, Partner, Venable
- Joseph Reilly, Partner, BuckleySandler
During the 90-minute webinar, we’ll address:
- What you should be including in the points-and-fees test,
- What changes you need to make in quality control to make sure your QMs really are QMs,
- What the triggers are that earn you a QM exception,
- How to handle affiliate charges, and
- How to use documentation to safeguard your safe harbor.