Coping with Appraisal Changes audio conference
Coping with Appraisal Changes
An Inside Mortgage Finance Audio Conference Held Wednesday, July 29, 2009
- An audio CD so you can listen to the entire discussion, including Q&A with officials, experts and industry leaders;
- The conference manual, which includes a program outline, speaker bios and supplemental materials, plus key articles on the topic from the pages of Inside Mortgage Finance and our other newsletters;
- A full transcript, including the audience Q&A sessions—a favorite part of these events.
New Inside Mortgage Finance-sponsored research suggests that appraisal issues have emerged as one of the biggest obstacles for would-be homebuyers this summer. Find out what’s causing the latest appraisal problems and how to deal with them with this must-listen audio conference.
Much of the current controversy around appraisals stems from the May 1 implementation of Fannie Mae’s and Freddie Mac’s new Home Valuation Code of Conduct – a set of standards pushed by the New York Attorney General’s Office as part of a settlement with the Federal Housing Finance Agency. In particular, critics contend the new code has greatly elevated the status of Appraisal Management Companies to the detriment of the mortgage and housing markets.
Separately, Fannie and Freddie have moved to tighten their appraisal standards outside the framework of the HVCC and beyond industry rules by mandating a new “market conditions” addendum. The result, many complain, is a disturbing rise in failed home sales where appraisals won’t support purchase prices and mortgage loan-to-value requirements.
Hear from the major players in the appraisal debate and get all the answers to your appraisal questions.
These Experts Share Their Insights and Answer Your Questions:
- William Garber, Director of Government and External Relations, The Appraisal Institute;
- Alfred Pollard, General Counsel, Federal Housing Finance Agency;
- Jerome M. Nagy, Regulatory Policy, National Association of Realtors;
- Marnie Applegate, Senior Vice President, National Credit Policy Manager, SunTrust Mortgage; and
- Guy Cecala, Publisher, Inside Mortgage Finance, moderates.
During This 90-Minute Session You'll Learn About:
- Why appraisals are taking so long and costing more money for lenders and borrowers;
- What are the challenges of the new “market conditions” form that became mandatory for loans sold after April 1, 2009;
- How the quality of appraisals is changing;
- Is it really easier to meet the new HVCC standards by using Appraisal Management Companies;
- Is better regulation of AMCs needed;
- What are the do’s and don’ts when it comes to correcting faulty appraisals under the HVCC;
- What will be the impact on economic recovery;
- And much more!
CLICK HERE to download the MP3 file, Conference Transcript and Manual
or continue below to order by mail