Loss Mitigation audio conference (W)
An Inside Mortgage Finance Audio Conference Held April 2, 2009
Did you miss our recent conference call about the new Home Affordable Modification program?
Here's your second chance to get this vital information about the administration's foreclosure relief program.
- An audio CD so you can listen to the entire discussion, including Q&A with experts and industry leaders;
- The conference manual, which includes a program outline, speaker bios and supplemental materials, plus key articles on the topic from the pages of Inside Mortgage Finance and our other newsletters;
- A full transcript, including the audience Q&A sessions—a favorite part of these events.
The Obama administration has just released the guidelines for its Home Affordable Modification program, the most aggressive and potentially far-reaching government effort to stem the tide of foreclosures sweeping over the country. While the new guidelines spell out how mortgage servicers can immediately start offering a new breed of loan modifications that offer lender, servicer and borrower incentives, they also leave a host of unanswered questions.
Find out what can and can’t be done with the new HAM program at a must-listen audio conference from Inside Mortgage Finance. Learn from a panel of mortgage industry experts about the ins and outs of this new program, and how you can maximize your involvement in the government’s latest foreclosure relief initiative.
Under the government’s new program, mortgage servicers, borrowers and investors will be paid for successfully completing loan modifications following strict guidelines for income verification and payment reductions. But details remain unclear on exactly how some of the incentives will work – particularly those involving second liens or home price depreciation.
Speakers for This Event:
- Donald C. Lampe, Partner, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice PLLC;
- Laurence E. Platt, Practice Area Leader, K&L Gates LLP;
- Steve Bailey, Mortgage Servicing Executive, Mortgage, Home Equity and Insurance Services, Bank of America; and
- Guy Cecala, Publisher, Inside Mortgage Finance, will moderate.
Listen to This Audio Conference and Learn:
- The requirements for conducting 90-day trial loan modifications and who bears the costs;
- How the availability of modifications is based on conducting a new present value test comparing modifications to foreclosures;
- What must be done to screen loan mod cases for hardships;
- The latitude servicers have in determining property values for loan modifications;
- The role Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will play in administering the HAM program not just for their own loans but also for non-agency mortgages;
- Exactly when and how incentive payments will be made to servicers, borrowers and investors;
- What loan modification fees and charges must be covered by servicers and investors, and which the government will cover; and
- Which homeowners are likely to get help—and which won’t.
CLICK HERE to download MP3 file, Transcript and Manual
or continue below to order by mail