Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to Mortgage Buybacks.
April 7, 2017 - Inside Mortgage Trends
Banks and thrifts repurchased $813.1 million of single-family mortgages during the fourth quarter of 2016, an 8.2 percent decline from the previous period, according to an Inside Mortgage Trends analysis of call-report data. It wasnt the lowest quarterly repurchase volume on record that distinction belongs to the fourth quarter of 2015 at $735.6 million. But the final three months of 2016 brought the full-year total to $3.27 billion, and that was the lowest ... [Includes one data chart]
April 6, 2017 - Inside Mortgage Finance
Freddie Mac is set to implement a waiver aimed at reducing lender anxiety about potential buybacks related to appraisal issues, matching a similar policy already implemented by Fannie Mae. The initiatives by the two government-sponsored enterprises are aimed at one of the last major bugaboos in the representations and warranties lenders take on when they sell loans. Lender repurchases have declined dramatically over the past few years as Fannie and Freddie cleaned up buyback disputes related to loans originated before the housing market collapse. In 2016, lender repurchases and other indemnifications fell...
- Mortgage Market Statistical Annual
- Mortgage Profitability
- Top Players 4Q16
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
With the spring homebuying season in full swing, what percentage of your March 2017 application volume has been for purchase loans?
- 75% or higher
- 50% to 74%
- 30% to 49%
- Under 30%
Most Popular Stories
- ICBA Calls for Delay of Single Security Until GSEs are Recapitalized and Released from Conservatorship
- Ocwen Elevates its Legal Battle Against the Regulatory Establishment, Asks Court to Decide if the CFPB is Unconstitutional
- Short Takes: More GSE Reform Plans / Fannie-Freddie Speculators May Make Out After All / Ocwen Gets a Break / Hey Ben, Call Your Friends in the White House and Tell Them / This HUD Job About to be Filled?
- The Wild Card for Ocwen: Getting (Some of) Its Servicing Yanked
- Meanwhile, in the PHH Case, DOJ Gets 10 Minutes