Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to GSE Performance.
April 7, 2017 - Inside MBS & ABS
Despite rumors to the contrary, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac forked over most of their fourth-quarter earnings to the Treasury Department at the end of March, as scheduled. But some industry insiders wonder whether the timing of future payments will be altered to reduce the likelihood that either of the government-sponsored enterprises might need another bailout. In early March, there were talks predicting, or hoping for everything from a possible suspension of the Treasury sweep to replacing the quarterly payment with an annual one. Speculation may have been fueled by uncertainty about what the Trump administration wants to do about the now eight-year-old conservatorships of the two GSEs. In 2017, Fannie and Freddie can only retain...
- Mortgage Market Statistical Annual
- Mortgage Profitability
- Top Players 4Q16
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
With the spring homebuying season in full swing, what percentage of your March 2017 application volume has been for purchase loans?
- 75% or higher
- 50% to 74%
- 30% to 49%
- Under 30%
Most Popular Stories
- ICBA Calls for Delay of Single Security Until GSEs are Recapitalized and Released from Conservatorship
- Ocwen Elevates its Legal Battle Against the Regulatory Establishment, Asks Court to Decide if the CFPB is Unconstitutional
- Short Takes: More GSE Reform Plans / Fannie-Freddie Speculators May Make Out After All / Ocwen Gets a Break / Hey Ben, Call Your Friends in the White House and Tell Them / This HUD Job About to be Filled?
- The Wild Card for Ocwen: Getting (Some of) Its Servicing Yanked
- Meanwhile, in the PHH Case, DOJ Gets 10 Minutes