Top Mortgage Players 3Q14 Print edition with shipping in U.S.
While originations in 2014 remain well below 2013 levels—and will likely end the year at levels lower than those seen in some 15 years, the third quarter yielded significantly better results than earlier quarters this year. But lender by lender, the results were a mixed bag, with some top lenders seeing only modest sequential improvement (or even a sequential downturn in some cases), while others took big leaps forward.
Also in the third quarter:
- While all channels gained, correspondent lending took a larger stride than retail or wholesale.
- Lower interest rates led to a surge in refinances, but not enough to displace purchase loans as the dominant purpose.
- Non-agency jumbos and government-insured lending saw 10 percent increases, but conventional-conforming loans were the star of the quarter.
- Jumbo originations outperformed the overall mortgage market, thanks to an extra “pop” from conforming jumbos.
- Even with stalls in mortgage servicing transfers due to regulatory oversight, nonbanks continued to grab more of the servicing market.
- All seven active mortgage insurers saw growth in traditional MI business.
Keep track of how the changes are playing out for the industry and its top performers with IMF’s Top Mortgage Players report. Issued quarterly, this report gathers IMF’s gold-standard rankings and analysis of the mortgage industry’s sector leaders into one resource so that you’ll have all the most important mortgage market intelligence at your fingertips each quarter.
Use the charts and accompanying perspective in the Top Mortgage Players report to learn who the market leaders are in the mortgage industry’s niches and how their business has changed from the previous quarter. You’ll also have market-level data that show you which sectors or products are performing well and which aren’t.
Get the rankings and performance stats for the leaders in these categories:
- Mortgage Originations
- Retail Originations
- Wholesale Production
- Correspondent Production
- Broker Production
- GSE Production by Channel
- Refinance Production
- Purchase-Mortgage Production
- Conventional-Conforming Production
- Government-Insured Production
- Primary Mortgage Insurance
Plus, you’ll have overall market statistics that show the activity in these areas:
- Mortgage Origination Indicators
- Originations by Production Channel
- Mortgage Originations by Product
Accompanying analysis provides color on trends in each sector and backstory on changes in the players’ performance.
Use this quarterly report to
- Monitor the market sectors you’re currently conducting business in.
- Evaluate competition in sectors you’re considering expanding to.
- Research potential partners or clients.
- Know who’s leading the sectors, by how much, and what their trajectories look like.
Choose "PDF Format" for immediate download of document. You will also be able to access the document, at any time, through the "My Account" feature on insidemortgagefinance.com.