Guide to Combating Mortgage Fraud Price with shipping elsewhere
History has shown that mortgage fraud never really goes away—it simply takes new forms and approaches. An unprecedented number of loan modifications and other foreclosure avoidance measures is generating a new wave of mortgage fraud that is plaguing the industry.
State lawmakers have been rushing to tighten anti-fraud laws, and a new law gives more power to the federal government. Find out what current strategies are being employed by states and lenders. Learn what’s new in legislation and enforcement, and what you can do.
It’s all in a new report from Inside Mortgage Finance Publications called Guide to Combating Mortgage Fraud. It contains everything you need to know about the topic including...
- Common Mortgage Fraud Schemes
- Documentation Fraud Trends
- New Mortgage Fraud Trends
- Multi-Lien Fraud
- Foreclosure Rescue Scams
- Loan Modification & Short Sale Fraud
- Fraud Prevention Advice
State Regulator Perspective
- Successful State Regulation & Prosecution
- Partnering with the Private Sector
- Identity Fraud
- The Technology Solution
- Nationwide Cooperative Protocol and Agreement for Mortgage Supervision
Mortgage Insurer Fraud Perspective
- Current Market Conditions
- Strategies to Combat Fraud
- Top 15 Red Flags
- The Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act
- The Helping Families Save Their Homes Act
- The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act
- The Foreclosure Rescue Fraud Act
- The Stop Mortgage Fraud Act
Plus the latest mortgage fraud data and an appendix with recent comments on mortgage fraud from key industry players.