Underwriting in 2008 - CD + Special Report (NL) CD + Special Report (price with shipping in U.S.)
ORDER THE CD + SPECIAL REPORT - DETAILS BELOW!
Amid the turmoil of this year’s subprime meltdown and scrutiny of loose underwriting practices, many assumed tighter lending standards were imminent. However, recent analysis of loans originated this year suggests that many lenders were slow to underwrite to stricter guidelines.
With delinquencies and defaults continuing to rise and servicers facing an impending ARM reset crisis, a thorough examination of underwriting standards is necessary to prevent future risky loans from exacerbating problems in your business and the market.
At Inside Mortgage Finance’s audio conference held in November 2007, mortgage executives heard actionable tips on how to address the current underwriting challenges in this tumultuous lending environment.
Speakers at this event discussed current underwriting practices and what steps you may need to take to protect your business. In addition, specific insight and answers to today’s pressing questions from our expert panel of mortgage market insiders was provided to attendees.Speakers:
- Charles R. Anderson, SVP, National Underwriting Manager, First Horizon Home Loan Corporation;
- David A. Greco, Vice President of Credit Policy, Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation;
- Laurence E. Platt, Practice Area Leader, K&L Gates;
- Thomas S. Popik, Principal, Geosegment Systems, who provided latest changes in underwriting from a new nationwide survey; and
- Guy Cecala, Publisher, Inside Mortgage Finance Publications, moderated.
This Session Covered:
- What trends have emerged regarding downpayments, new and alternative credit scoring, risk layering and documentation.
- What LTV and DTI ratios are being demanded and do they vary by product type.
- What you need to know to comply with the host of new regulatory and legislative proposals governing underwriting.
- What are today’s appraisal requirements due to flat and declining home prices.
- How much origination volume is likely to drop due to tighter guidelines.
- How players determine their strategy regarding portfolio lending vs. sales to the agencies.
- The role of automated underwriting today.
- If there is room for creativity and innovation in the current market.
|Your Conference Package Includes:|
For questions or to order by phone, call (800) 570-5744 or (301) 951-1240.