Mortgage Origination Activity
Mortgage Origination Forecasts
Chart showing mortgage origination forecasts from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Mortgage Bankers Association. Includes forecasts for total originations, refinance originations and purchase originations. The October 2014 data includes annual projections for 2013 to 2016 (no 2016 projections available from Fannie Mae) and quarterly projections from 1Q14 to 2Q15. The May 2015 data includes annual projections for 2014 to 2016 and quarterly projections from 4Q14 to 4Q16.
- Mortgage Market Statistical Annual
- Mortgage Profitability
- Top Players 4Q16
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
With the spring homebuying season in full swing, what percentage of your March 2017 application volume has been for purchase loans?
- 75% or higher
- 50% to 74%
- 30% to 49%
- Under 30%
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: John Devaney Still Believes in Ocwen / How Much did the CFPB Want? / On the Rise: GSE Common / Glen Messinas Severance Package at PHH / Expanding the MH Loan Market
- As the Clock Ticks Down on the GSE Capital Buffer, Successor Plans (and Critiques) Proliferate
- The Final Tally for 1Q17: Originations Down Sharply. Then Again, Compared to 1Q16
- Short Takes: More GSE Reform Plans / Fannie-Freddie Speculators May Make Out After All / Ocwen Gets a Break / Hey Ben, Call Your Friends in the White House and Tell Them / This HUD Job About to be Filled?
- ABS Market Roared to Life in 1Q17 After a Lethargic 4Q16