Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to State Regulators.
August 29, 2014 - Inside FHA Lending
A decision by the Department of Housing and Urban Development to suspend a Texas mortgage firm and its top executive was not arbitrary and capricious and did not violate due process, according to a recent Houston district court ruling. The court granted HUDs motion for summary judgment and dismissed all of the plaintiffs claims with prejudice. In Allied Home Mortgage Corp. v. Donovan, (No. H-11-3864, 2014 WL 3843561, S.D. Tex. Aug. 5, 2014), a U.S. Attorneys Office sued Allied Home Mortgage Corp. and its chief executive officer, James Hodge, in Manhattan federal district court for allegedly lying about its compliance with FHA requirements. Specifically, the former Houston-based mortgage net branch operator (currently doing business as Allquest Home Mortgage Corp.) allegedly violated the False Claims Act and the Financial Institutions Reform, recovery and Enforcement Act by ...
August 7, 2014 - Inside Mortgage Finance
The New York Department of Financial Services said it has concerns that certain nonbank servicers are using complex arrangements with affiliates to side-step borrower protections in force-placed insurance. Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky detailed what he called a troubling scheme between Ocwen Financial and a related party, Altisource Portfolio Solutions. This complex arrangement appears designed to funnel as much as $65 million in fees annually from already-distressed homeowners to Altisource for minimal work, Lawsky said in a letter this week to Timothy Hayes, Ocwens general counsel. According to the NYDFS, Ocwen recently implemented...
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 2Q14
- GSE Seller Profile: 2Q14
- Mortgage Profitability Report: 1Q14
- Top Mortgage Players: 1Q14
- Agency Condo Market: 2013
- GSE Repurchase Activity Full Year 2013
- Servicing Strategies and MSRs
- Non-Qualified Mortgages
- CFPB Exam and Enforcement
- Mortgage Buybacks Guide 2014
- Mortgage Originations Channels
- CFPB Mortgage Disclosure Requirements
- Qualified Residential Mortgages and Risk Retention
- CFPB's LO Comp Rule
- Ability-to-Repay Rule and Qualified Mortgages
- Fair Lending Compliance
- CFPB Regulation of Mortgage Servicing
Most Popular Stories
- Bank First-Lien Portfolios Continue to Grow, Including Agency Loans
- Short Takes: New Jumbo Deal from Two Harbors / Investors Dumping Fannie and Freddie Stock? / GSE Plaintiff Hires Former Fannie CFO Howard / M&A for NYCB? / Want a Loan? Dont Get Pregnant / Norcom Opens Another Branch in Connecticut
- White House Will Meet with Lenders Over Mortgage Credit Access
- Australia Bank Macquarie Will Buy Impacs Non-QM Loans
- What We're Hearing: A Mortgage M&A (Mini) Tidal Wave? / A Vendor Shakeup as Well? / 34 LOS Vendors? / Its Hard Breaking Into Subservicing / Walter, the Best of the Three / The CFPB Wasnt Even There!