Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to REITs.
September 16, 2016 - Inside MBS & ABS
The average daily trading volume in agency MBS fell to $195.0 billion in August, the second weakest reading of the year, according to figures compiled by the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association. The peak came the month before at $219.3 billion, and the low was back in March at $189.4 billion, not too far from the August volume. Its...
August 26, 2016 - Inside MBS & ABS
Real estate investment trusts that specialize in residential MBS posted a slight increase in their agency MBS holdings during the second quarter of 2016, along with a drop in non-agency MBS. The 16 publicly traded mortgage REITs tracked by Inside MBS & ABS had a combined residential MBS portfolio of $234.65 billion at the end of June, a gain of 0.9 percent from the previous quarter. However, 11 of the institutions reported declining balances, including the two largest REITs at the top of the ranking. Two Harbors Investment reported...[Includes one data table]
Most Popular Stories
- VA Lending Up Almost 30 Percent; Nonbanks Dominate
- Freddie Mac Rolls Out Front-End Risk-Sharing Pilot; But No Benefit for Lenders
- Booming MBS Issuance and Uptick in Rates Should Translate into Stellar 3Q Results for Fannie and Freddie. Right?
- Big M&A Announcements Slated for MBA Convention in Boston?
- Interest-Only Originations Spiked 45 Percent in 2Q; PHH Mortgage a Standout