Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to REITs.
October 7, 2016 - Inside MBS & ABS
Annaly Capital Management, the nations largest real estate investment trust specializing in the residential MBS market, continues to take a close look at one of its more recent acquisitions, Pingora Loan Servicing, with no word yet on its plans for the unit. Annaly took control of Pingora this past summer when it officially closed on the purchase of Hatteras Financial, the parent of the servicer. Before the purchase, Annaly had...
September 16, 2016 - Inside MBS & ABS
The average daily trading volume in agency MBS fell to $195.0 billion in August, the second weakest reading of the year, according to figures compiled by the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association. The peak came the month before at $219.3 billion, and the low was back in March at $189.4 billion, not too far from the August volume. Its...
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- Ginnie Mae Tries to Allay Investor Fears on Streamlined Refis
- Freddie Tweaks Loan Advisor Product, Offers No-Cost Automated Appraisals
- Missing in Action: Mortgage Banking M&A
- Short Takes: What a Trump White House Means for the GSEs / PHH Will Release 3Q16 Results on Election Day / Wedbush Initiates Coverage of PHH / Freedom From Reps & Warrants? / The First Hispanic-American MBS Chair / New Hires for Silver Hill
- MBA: Originations Look Decent for 2017