Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to Non-Mortgage ABS.
July 17, 2015 - Inside MBS & ABS
New issuance of non-mortgage ABS increased in most major product categories during the second quarter of 2015, although a slowdown in floorplan deals dampened the party slightly. The ABS market generated $54.15 billion in new issuance during the second quarter, a gain of 5.8 percent from the first three months of 2015. It was the strongest new issuance figure since the financial market meltdown, with the previous high ($54.22 billion) coming in the third quarter of 2007. ABS issuance has climbed...[Includes two data tables]
July 10, 2015 - Inside MBS & ABS
A number of trade groups that represent firms involved in the securitization market are pushing for an appeal to be heard in a case that has significant implications for the MBS and ABS markets. A ruling in May by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals in Madden v. Midland Funding determined that nonbanks shouldnt receive the federal preemption of state law that has been allotted to banks under the National Bank Act. The outcome of the case would significantly impair...
June 26, 2015 - Inside MBS & ABS
Proposed credit card ABS disclosure requirements from the Securities and Exchange Commission could compromise commercially sensitive proprietary issuer information and prove too burdensome for issuers, according to the Structured Finance Industry Group. The industry group this week unveiled an alternative card ABS format that was endorsed by both its issuer and investor members. The three-part disclosure would provide more information on more metrics than either of two options proposed by the SEC. Last year, the SEC adopted...
June 26, 2015 - Inside MBS & ABS
Neither of the credit-rating industrys perennial market leaders Standard & Poors and Moodys Investors Service managed to claim a top spot during the first quarter of 2015, according to a new Inside MBS & ABS ranking. Fitch Ratings ranked as the top player in rating the bigger non-mortgage ABS market. The company rated 43 ABS issued during the first quarter that represented 64.2 percent of total issuance by dollar amount. The company rated all eight credit-card ABS issued in early 2015, along with most of the student-loan deals. Fitch raised...[Includes two data tables]
- GSE Seller Profile 2Q15
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 2Q15
- Mortgage Profitability 1Q15
- GSE Repurchase Activity
- Top Players 1Q15
- Nonbank Agency Seller Servicers 1Q15
- Agency Channel Analysis: 2014
A lot has been written about the Millennial Generation being key to the future of the housing/mortgage market, but how much of your mortgage workforce includes Millennials those born roughly between the years 1980 to 1999?
- Less than 10 percent
- 11 to 30 percent
- Greater than 30 percent
- Its so small we cant even measure it.
- Were tired of reading about how important Millennials are
Most Popular Stories
- Prospect Mortgage Pulls the Plug on Marketing Service Agreements; A CFPB Crackdown on RESPA?
- Short Takes: An Industry Truce with the CFPB? / No Pay Raises for You! / Bill Would Expand the QM Safe Harbor / Quicken #1 in Customer Satisfaction / Applications Rise Ever So Slightly
- And the Beat Goes On: Megabanks Still Backing Away from Servicing
- Nations Largest Lender Wells Fargo Withdraws From Marketing Service Agreements Too
- Texas Lender About to Hit the Market; Five Mid-Sized Lenders for Sale?