Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to Mortgage Buybacks.
February 24, 2017 - Inside Mortgage Trends
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac reported record lows in the volume of mortgages that sellers repurchased during the fourth quarter of 2016 because of manufacturing defects, an exclusive new Inside Mortgage Trends analysis reveals. Mortgage seller repurchases or other indemnification to the two government-sponsored enterprises totaled $207.31 million in the final three months of 2016. That was down 37.0 percent from the previous quarter and ... [Includes two data charts]
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- The Time is Right for a Boom in Servicing Sales. However
- What Were Hearing: Okay, So Mnuchin is One of Them, But / Where Were You When We Were Bailing Out Fannie and Freddie? / Remember Hank Greenberg? / Maybe Servicing Compensation is Too Low / The Next Bank to Quit Servicing
- An Alt Theory Emerges on the Spike in FHA Delinquencies. MSR Transfers the Culprit?
- New Rez: Large MSR Transfers from Banks to Nonbanks DoA; REIT in Talks with the FHFA
- Fairholme Chief Bruce Berkowitz on GSE Legal Setback: This is far from over.