Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to Mortgage Buybacks.
November 23, 2016 - Inside Mortgage Trends
Bank mortgage repurchase activity rose again in the third quarter of 2016, although most of the increase is tied to Bank of America clearing up old buyback issues. Commercial banks and savings institutions reported $884.4 million in single-family mortgage repurchases and indemnifications during the third quarter. That was up 10.0 percent from the previous period and marked the third consecutive quarterly increase in repurchase activity ... [Includes one data chart]
November 11, 2016 - Inside MBS & ABS
Credit Suisse issued two more series of notes this week on its mortgage-lending warehouse securitization offering, according to Moodys Investors Service. The $1.20 billion in total new issuance from the Wall Street firm followed two notes it issued in August totaling $800 million. As with the August issuance, the new Mortgage Repurchase Agreement Financing Trust, Series 2016-3 and Series 2016-4, received A2 ratings from Moodys. All of the deals were underwritten by Credit Suisse and HSBC Securities. The transactions are backed...
October 28, 2016 - Inside The GSEs
This week, Fannie Mae launched an initiative that guarantees to alleviate buyback fears on certain loan components for lenders using its underwriting and appraisal tools. Fannie will also automate key processes of verifying loans, including income, through Desktop Underwriters new validation service. Under Day 1 Certainty, Fannie said lenders would be relieved from most representations-and-warranty risk related to verifying a borrowers income, assets and employment using DU. Those are the big ones, a Fannie spokesman told Inside The GSEs. He said, It validates right there and they are good to go, adding that this is the kind of innovation that helps makes possible programs like Quickens Rocket Mortgage.
- GSE Private MI Profile 3Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 2Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 2Q16
- Top Players 2Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- Short Takes: Putting Fannie and Freddie in Receivership? / Cashing Out of Gains on GSE Common. Anyone? / No Chatter at Lunch / Freddies CSP Milestone / Stonegate Hires Renovation Leader
- Cato Institutes Mark Calabria Up for the FHA Job?
- Lone Stars New Nonprime MBS Sets the Standard: An AAA Rating and the Largest Post-Crisis Deal to Date
- CFPB Slams Reverse Mortgage Companies for Deceptive Advertising
- Agency Jumbo Production Outpaced Traditional Jumbo Originations in 3Q16