Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to Mortgage Buybacks.
August 12, 2016 - Inside MBS & ABS
JPMorgan Chase is a step closer to settling a dispute with Deutsche Bank and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. over certain mortgage securitization agreements in connection with the governments takeover of failed mortgage lender Washington Mutual. According to Chases most recent 10-Q filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the firm, Deutsche Bank and the FDIC have signed a term sheet to resolve pending litigation brought by the German bank against Chase and the FDIC in relation to WaMu as well as Chases outstanding indemnification claims pursuant to the terms of the purchase-and-assumption agreement with the FDIC. The term sheet is subject...
July 15, 2016 - Inside MBS & ABS
A New Mexico jury handed the Securities and Exchange Commission a split verdict in a 2008 financial crisis-related lawsuit against two senior executives of the now-defunct Thornburg Mortgage who were accused of fraud and misrepresenting the financial condition of the company. The jury found for defendants Larry Goldstone, former Thornburg CEO, and Clarence Simmons, former chief financial officer, on half of the counts but failed to reach a verdict on the most significant charges based on fraud and lying to the companys outside auditors. In the lawsuit, the SEC alleged...
The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury fell to all-time low of 1.34% recently. How much better will originations be at your shop in the second half compared to 1H, if at all?
- Better by 1% to 10%.
- Better by 11% to 25%.
- Off the charts better. Applications are great now.
- Worse than 1H, but not by much.
- A lot worse. But not sure on the damage.
Most Popular Stories
- GSEs Introduce a New Loan Dispute Appeal Process
- FHFA Readies Successor Program to HARP. Name to Follow
- PHH to Lose Part of HSBC Contract. A New Tally on Damages: A 47% Decline in Subservicing Contracts
- TRID Impact on Purchase-Mortgage Process Receives Widely Differing Assessments from Real Estate Agents
- What Were Hearing: Caliber and PHH, an Update / Not a Good Thing: Having Too Much of Your Net Worth Tied up in MSRs / Banks and Brokers: No Longer in Love / Will a Retail Subprime Lender Emerge and Go National? / IU Chief Loses GSE Case