Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to MBS Accounting.
October 10, 2014 - Inside FHA Lending
Ginnie Mae issuance for the first nine months of 2014 totaled $207.5 billion as government-backed purchase-mortgage activity picked up in the third quarter, according to an analysis of agency data. New issuances rose 19.8 percent from the second quarter. FHA loans accounted for $116.9 billion of new Ginnie Mae issuances while VA and the Rural Housing Development funneled $75.9 billion and $14.2 billion, respectively, of new loans into Ginnie Mae pools. Mortgage securities backed by home-equity conversion mortgages are not included. Purchase mortgages totaling $140.6 billion comprised the bulk of new issuances over the nine-month period while the share of refinances totaled $49.8 billion. Modified loans accounted for $17.1 billion. Most of the FHA and VA loans originated during the first nine months came through the ... [ 2 charts ]
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 3Q14
- GSE Seller Profile: 3Q14
- Mortgage Profitabiilty 2Q14
- Top Players 2Q14
- Agency Condo Market: 2013
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: 40 Percent of Lenders May Disappear Via M&A? / Less Competition? / Theyll be Back / Benjamin Lawsky, a Nice Guy, Really / Provident Exiting Certain States?
- LoanDepot Expected to Sign Purchase Agreement on Mortgage Master
- Commercial MBS Market on Fire: Deal Volume Jumps 38 Percent
- Citadels Monthly Production of Subprime Loans at $20 Million; $400 Million Next Year?
- Its Official: Residential Production Up Again in 3Q14 to $335 Billion