Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to MBS Accounting.
August 29, 2014 - Inside FHA Lending
The Financial Accounting Standards Board has updated its guidance on troubled debt restructurings (TDRs) to provide lenders some uniformity in accounting for government-backed mortgages upon foreclosure. The changes to FASBs rule, Receivables Troubled Debt Restructurings by Creditors, affect FHA and VA lenders and would take effect for public entities with reporting periods after Dec. 15, 2014. All other entities will have to comply after Dec. 15, 2015. In addition to accounting consistency, the updated rule provides greater certainty as to the amount that can be expected to recover through the government guarantees, the board said. The changes became necessary because the accounting varied among lenders, resulting in diverse practices, according to the Emerging Issues Task Force, which promulgates implementation guidance within the ...
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 2Q14
- GSE Seller Profile: 2Q14
- Mortgage Profitability Report: 1Q14
- Top Mortgage Players: 1Q14
- Agency Condo Market: 2013
- GSE Repurchase Activity Full Year 2013
Most Popular Stories
- Offering Book Circulating on Nations 16th Largest Originator: Stearns
- Purchase-Money Market Share at its Highest Level in 19 Years
- Caliber Home Loans Inks Deal to Buy $4 Billion Originator
- Supreme Court Prepares to Hear Guidance Cases Tied to LO Overtime
- Short Takes: Did EverBanks Default Sale Backfire? / Can the Non-QM Market Save the Industry? / Which Mortgage Companies Will Be Forgotten? / A Layoff for a REIT / Stonegate Hires New Executive