Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to MBS Accounting.
June 26, 2015 - Inside FHA/VA Lending
The frequently-asked-questions guidance to using the FHAs consolidated Single Family Policy Handbook is good to have though it shows just how complicated the FHAs mortgage origination process is, according to lenders. In fact, the updated FHA handbook could still be confusing to borrowers simply because a lot more information is concentrated in one source, lenders said. According to the FHA, the more than 290 FAQs will enable lenders to make operation adjustments before the handbook goes into effect on Sept. 14, 2015. The FAQs are for information purposes only and do not apply to current FHA policies. They do not establish or modify policy contained in the handbook. The FAQs reiterate information in the handbook under headings such as Credit Underwriting, Closing and Insuring, FHA System Support and Consumer Information. Industry observers noted that the FAQs did not ...
- Top Players 1Q15
- Nonbank Agency Seller Servicers 1Q15
- GSE Seller Profile 1Q15
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 1Q15
- Mortgage Profitability 4Q14
- Agency Channel Analysis: 2014
Most Popular Stories
- After Hedge Fund Accumulates Large Stake, Walter Enacts Poison Pill Language
- Short Takes: A Killer Quarter for Fannie and Freddie? / A Shrinking Market: Bad Loans / Turn, Turn, Turn Times / Stonegates Third-Party Loan Portal / New Hires for Mortgage Network, Ellie Mae
- On the Rise: Securitization of VA Jumbo Mortgages
- Bank Holdings of Non-Agency MBS Dwindle
- Bank Use of Principal Reduction Loan Modifications Spiked in First Quarter