Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to MBS Accounting.
March 27, 2015 - Inside MBS & ABS
The Mortgage Bankers Association took issue this week with two proposals pending before the Basel Committee on Bank Supervision that could have negative repercussions on U.S. mortgage financing and on American homebuyers. Back in December, the Basel Committee put out a consultative document that included proposed revisions to its Standardized Approach for credit risk, including updated risk-weight calibrations. As applied to the U.S. ...
March 20, 2015 - Inside FHA/VA Lending
Issuer registration for Ginnie Maes Issuer Performance Scorecard has been somewhat slower than expected, according to agency officials. The reason is unclear but only about 70 issuers so far have registered for Ginnies Issuer Operational Performance Profile (IOPP) tool since its launch on Feb. 17, 2015. Officials said they need to sign two-thirds more to get the IOPP system up to full speed. In a recent outreach call, officials urged those issuers who have not yet registered to contact their security officers for authority to access the Ginnie Mae Enterprise Portal (GMEP), the gateway to the IOPP system. Issuers must first be enrolled in GMEP before their security officer can grant them authority to access the IOPP system. The IOPP, also known as the Issuer Performance Scorecard, will rate each issuers operational performance and default management and compare them to ...
- Top Players 4Q14
- Agency Channel Analysis: 2014
- GSE Seller Profile: 4Q14
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 4Q14
- Mortgage Profitabiilty 3Q14
Most Popular Stories
- Banks Report Solid Gains in Mortgage Income in 1Q15
- What Were Hearing: Ocwen Decides to Keep its Ginnie MSRs / What Will a Borrower See When It Googles Ocwens Name? / Quicken Gets Hit in the Mouth With a Fastball / More Red Ink for Stewart Title
- Short Takes: Another Former Subprime Executive Ready to Launch? / More Chatter on Quickens Lawsuit / Collingwood Warns on New FHA System / A Multifamily Milestone for Freddie
- HUD Tells Servicers to Wait a Year on FHA Foreclosures
- Why a Large Chunk of 9.3 Million Foreclosed Borrowers May Never Buy a Home Again