Home Equity Loans
Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to Home Equity Loans.
January 20, 2017 - Inside FHA/VA Lending
The Trump administration has officially set aside the 25 basis point cut in FHA annual premiums in a new mortgagee letter issued by the Department of Housing and Urban Development hours after Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States. Mortgagee Letter 2017-07 said that the annual-premium reduction HUD announced on Jan. 9 has been suspended indefinitely. Stakeholders will be notified in the event of a policy change, the letter added. The letter confirms reports earlier in the week that the FHA pricing adjustment was about to be spiked. Ben Carson, who had his confirmation hearing before the Senate Banking Committee last week, told lawmakers that he planned to work with the FHA director and financial experts to review the cut. However, the HUD secretary-designate gave no indication as to whether he favored a premium reduction that would benefit thousands of ...
January 6, 2017 - Inside FHA/VA Lending
Ginnie Mae guaranteed a total of $507.46 billion of single-family mortgage-backed securities in 2016, its biggest annual volume ever, according to a new analysis and ranking by Inside FHA/VA Lending. That was up 16.4 percent from the agencys previous record of $435.80 billion set in 2015. (Those figures include MBS backed by FHA home-equity conversion mortgages, which are not included in the table below or in the rankings on pages 3-5.) In 2016, Ginnie guaranteed $497.03 billion of MBS backed by traditional forward mortgages, also a record, which was up 16.9 percent from the previous year. The biggest factor in last years record-setting production was the boom in VA lending, particularly VA refinance loans. Issuers securitized a record $203.03 billion of VA loans last year, up 33.0 percent from the 2015 total. Some 54.3 percent of those loans were refinance transactions. Total VA refi loan ... [4 charts]
January 6, 2017 - Inside Nonconforming Markets
Spring EQ recently launched operations, focusing on home-equity loans. The nonbank was co-founded by Jerry Schiano, president and CEO of New Penn Financial, a position he will also retain. HEL lending is dominated by banks and credit unions. However, Schiano said Spring EQ aims to compete with other types of lenders. I want to help underserved borrowers who are currently relying on high-rate personal loans and credit cards or refinancing with large up-front fees, he said ...
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- A Blowout 4Q16 Profit for Fannie Mae: $5 Billion; $3.9 Billion in Gains from Derivatives
- What Were Hearing: Huge GSE Profits, Dont Get Used to It / The Perfect (Earnings) Storm / A Ginnie Solution for the GSEs? / PHHs New Strategy / Aide to HUD Nominee Ben Carson Fired for Writings Critical of Trump
- Freddie Mac Hits an Earnings Grand Slam in 4Q16: $4.8 Billion in Net Income; Gains from Derivatives Top $6.3 Billion
- Short Takes: What Does Bruce Berkowitz Think? / Freddie Exploring SFR Market / BB&T Building New Servicing Center / CoreLogic CEO on Medical Leave / loanDepot Executive Jumps Ship for Wisconsin Lender
- Sen. Crapo, Fed Chair Yellen Agree Housing Finance Reform is Urgent