Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to HMDA.
March 13, 2017 - Inside the CFPB
Nationstar in the CFPBs Crosshairs Over HMDA Reporting. Nationstar, the residential mortgage servicer, revealed recently it is being investigated by the CFPB over issues related to complying with the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act.... Non-Agency MBS Issuers Like the Legal Protection of the ATR. Congressional Republicans may be working on legislation to repeal and replace many regulations required by the Dodd-Frank Act, but some issuers of mortgage-backed securities are actually pushing to maintain some of the regulations.... Trump Executive Order on Regulatory Red Tape Unlikely to Apply to CFPB. Will the Bureau Comply Anyway? The executive order that President Trump signed in the middle of February that requires every federal agency to establish a regulatory reform task force to eliminate red tape probably does not apply to the CFPB, according to industry experts....
February 27, 2017 - Inside the CFPB
If federal policymakers do away with the CFPBs mortgage rules without proper replacements, the credit quality of residential mortgage-backed securities could be compromised, analysts at Moodys Investors Service said in a recent report. The analysts were providing a review of President Trumps recent executive order related to the Dodd-Frank Act. Any significant repeal of the Dodd-Frank Acts mortgage-related provisions without effective alternatives would weaken residential RMBS credit quality because these provisions have strengthened the credit quality of mortgage originations, improved servicing practices and bolstered the credit integrity of RMBS structures, the analysts said. The report is significant because it flies in the face of the traditional industry narrative that the bureaus mortgage rules have been nothing but an onerous burden ...
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
Most Popular Stories
- A New Low for Walters Share Price: 64 Cents
- What Were Hearing: No GSE Capital in Nine Months / But Dont Sweat It / Mel Knows / Fairholmes Bad Bet on Sears / Impac Borrows Against Fannie Mae MSRs / Blends Clients Include Movement Mortgage
- Home-Equity Lending Up in 2016, but HEL Debt Sinks to 13-Year Low
- Bank Holdings of First Liens Increased in 4Q16 Ever So Slightly
- A Change in the GSE PSPAs Coming Soon? Dont Bet on It