Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to HMDA.
January 30, 2017 - Inside the CFPB
President Donald Trump recently imposed a moratorium on new and pending regulations, which is generally considered by industry experts and observers standard operating procedure for an incoming presidential administration. But the bad news for the mortgage industry is that most of the regulations from the CFPB have already been issued. Two possible exceptions are the bureaus Home Mortgage Disclosure Act final rule, which has been issued in final form but is not yet effective, as well as its TRID 2.0 clarifying rulemaking, which is expected in final form sometime this spring. In a memo issued by White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, unspecified executive departments and agencies were generally directed to send no regulation to the Office of the ...
January 16, 2017 - Inside the CFPB
Bureau Mulling Possible Changes to HMDA Resubmission Guidelines. Its been roughly one year since the CFPB issued a request for information regarding Home Mortgage Disclosure Act resubmission guidelines, and the bureau has yet to decide which way to proceed. The agency received 31 comments in response to the RFI, which was published Jan. 12, 2016, in the Federal Register. Commenters included HMDA reporters, industry trade groups, and consumer groups.... Revisions to Interagency Compliance Rating System Still Pending. The CFPB and the other members of the FFIEC continue to review public comments on their April 29, 2016, proposal to revise the existing Uniform Interagency Consumer Compliance Rating System to reflect regulatory, supervisory, technological, and market changes since the system was established....
January 6, 2017 - Inside Nonconforming Markets
The denial rate on jumbo mortgages varies significantly among lenders, according to an Inside Nonconforming Markets analysis of data from the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act. Among the top 25 lenders, denial rates for jumbo applications in 2015 ranged from a low of 2.3 percent to a high of 76.8 percent. Overall, the top 25 lenders denied 18.1 percent of the $367.49 billion in total unpaid principal balance for jumbo-mortgage ... [Includes one data chart]
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: Huge GSE Profits, Dont Get Used to It / The Perfect (Earnings) Storm / A Ginnie Solution for the GSEs? / PHHs New Strategy / Aide to HUD Nominee Ben Carson Fired for Writings Critical of Trump
- A Blowout 4Q16 Profit for Fannie Mae: $5 Billion; $3.9 Billion in Gains from Derivatives
- Freddie Mac Hits an Earnings Grand Slam in 4Q16: $4.8 Billion in Net Income; Gains from Derivatives Top $6.3 Billion
- Short Takes: What Does Bruce Berkowitz Think? / Freddie Exploring SFR Market / BB&T Building New Servicing Center / CoreLogic CEO on Medical Leave / loanDepot Executive Jumps Ship for Wisconsin Lender
- Sen. Crapo, Fed Chair Yellen Agree Housing Finance Reform is Urgent