Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to HAMP.
September 29, 2016 - Inside Mortgage Finance
A task force convened by the Mortgage Bankers Association proposed universal principles for loan modification programs across government guarantors, the government-sponsored enterprises and perhaps non-agency mortgages. The One Modification standards published late last week aim to provide servicers with a cohesive framework to complete loan mods when the Home Affordable Modification Program largely ends after this year. MBAs task force recognizes...
September 23, 2016 - Inside Nonconforming Markets
Ocwen Financial accounted for slightly more than half of the modifications completed under the new Streamline Home Affordable Modification Program offering, according to the company. Streamline HAMP mods are only available for non-agency mortgages. The program is aimed at borrowers who meet general HAMP eligibility criteria but havent completed a loan mod application by the time their loan is 90 days delinquent. Its streamlined in that no income documentation is ...
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- Freddie Tweaks Loan Advisor Product, Offers No-Cost Automated Appraisals
- Ginnie Mae Tries to Allay Investor Fears on Streamlined Refis
- Missing in Action: Mortgage Banking M&A
- A Milestone: Nonbanks Now Control 51 Percent-Plus of Ginnie Mae Servicing Market
- Realty Giant RE/MAX Launches Mortgage Brokerage Franchise. The Concept: One-Stop Shopping