Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to HAMP.
January 26, 2017 - Inside Mortgage Finance
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau this week brought a relatively modest $28.8 million enforcement action against CitiFinancial Servicing and CitiMortgage to resolve allegations that struggling borrowers were kept in the dark about options available to save their homes. Under the terms of the consent order, CitiMortgage has to pay an estimated $17 million to compensate wronged consumers, along with a civil penalty of $3 million. The CFPB is also compelling CitiFinancial Services to refund approximately $4.4 million to consumers, and pay a civil penalty of $4.4 million. The bureaus action related...
January 20, 2017 - Inside FHA/VA Lending
VA originations have been trending upward over several quarters, thanks to an unusually heavy share of refinance business, but all good things, at some point, must slow down, lenders say. The refinance business overall has fallen to 45 percent from 55 percent in the fourth quarter of 2016, and that will have an effect on VA originations in the first quarter of 2017, said Andy May, chief operating officer of the American Armed Forces Mutual Aid Association Mortgage Division. Going forward, May expects VA originations to fall by 10 percent in the first quarter due to rising interest rates. But even though rates have been trending up, May saw an uptick in VA loan applications in January as fence-sitters jumped into the market to take out a loan before rates went any higher. The MBA estimates rates will rise above 5 percent in the next 24 months and then down to 4.8 percent by the end of 2018, and up to 5.3 percent at the ...
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- An Alt Theory Emerges on the Spike in FHA Delinquencies. MSR Transfers the Culprit?
- New Rez: Large MSR Transfers from Banks to Nonbanks DoA; REIT in Talks with the FHFA
- Trouble in the Jumbo Sector? Originations Decline for Second Consecutive Quarter; Market Share Down Too
- Wholesale-Broker Production Suffers the Most in 4Q16, Down 6.7 Percent
- PE Investors Making Bets on Mortgage Disruptors. Building a Better Mousetrap?