Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to GSE Performance.
June 3, 2016 - Inside FHA/VA Lending
Two major banks recently launched their own 3 percent downpayment programs, which stakeholders say could shift volume from FHA to the government-sponsored enterprises. How much volume though remains unclear, analysts say. Last week, Wells Fargo and JPMorgan Chase rolled out their respective low downpayment programs for first-time homebuyers and low-to-moderate-income families, which require only 3 percent down. Neither program involves the FHA, and they appear designed to pick up where Wells and Chase left off when they decided to cut back on their FHA business in order to reduce liability risk. Wells and Chase are among several major banks and nonbanks that have coughed up billions of dollars in settlements with the federal government in the last couple of years to resolve allegations of fraud under the False Claims Act and violations of ...
What is the very best source of new mortgage customers for your lending shop? (Choose one only.)
- Leads provided to me by employer
- Paid internet/website leads
- Real estate agents/Realtors
- Our existing customer base/our servicing customers
- My own personal sales "leads" database
Most Popular Stories
- GSE Loan Repurchase Activity Fell to Record Low in 1Q16
- New Bill Presses Treasury to Research Ending GSE Conservatorships
- Thanks to Brexit, the Yield on the 10-Year is Still Falling, but Loan Brokers Notice Wholesalers Have Yet to Act
- Single-Security Transition Could Become Model for Figuring Out Future of GSE Legacy MBS
- Phoenix Capital Selling $1.08 Billion of GSE Servicing Rights