Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to GSE Performance.
August 15, 2014 - Inside FHA Lending
Weighed down by high premium costs and lender overlays, FHA lost more primary market share to private mortgage insurers and the Department of Veterans Affairs during the second quarter of 2014. Although Junes FHA endorsement numbers have not yet been released, the trend seen in April through May, along with Ginnie Mae securitization data, suggest that FHA business was up a modest 11.5 percent from the first quarter. But that increase provides no comfort to FHA, which saw its market share go down to 33.7 percent, a six-year low. From April to May, FHA forward endorsements rose by 2.4 percent to $10.61 billion. On a year-over-year basis, however, endorsements were down from $21.9 billion in May 2013, according to an Inside FHA Lending analysis of agency data. On the other hand, private MI companies reported a total of $44.19 billion of new insurance written (NIW) during the ... [2 charts]
August 15, 2014 - Inside FHA Lending
The False Claims Act (FCA) and the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery and Enforcement Act (FIRREA) not only have become strong enforcement tools in the fight against FHA mortgage fraud but also an efficient means of recovering taxpayer losses. Having used both federal statutes effectively to wrangle huge settlements from large banks, federal prosecutors now have their eyes set on mid-level banks, according to compliance experts during a recent webinar hosted by Inside Mortgage Finance Publications. Because these FCA [and FIRREA] lawsuits have been a cash cow for the Department of Justice and the Inspector General of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, I think these agencies will target mid-level banks next, said ...
August 8, 2014 - Inside The GSEs
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac reported a combined $5.0 billion in net income during the second quarter of 2014, down 46.2 percent from the first three months of the year. Compared to the first half of 2013, GSE profits were down nearly 82 percent, though both companies posted strong earnings during the three-month period ending June 30, 2014. Both GSEs are coming off a banner 2013 when each companys earnings were super-charged by several one-time items including the capture of each companys deferred tax allowance, and numerous non-agency lawsuit settlements.
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 2Q14
- GSE Seller Profile: 2Q14
- Mortgage Profitability Report: 1Q14
- Top Mortgage Players: 1Q14
- Agency Condo Market: 2013
- GSE Repurchase Activity Full Year 2013
- Servicing Strategies and MSRs
- Non-Qualified Mortgages
- CFPB Exam and Enforcement
- Mortgage Buybacks Guide 2014
- Mortgage Originations Channels
- CFPB Mortgage Disclosure Requirements
- Qualified Residential Mortgages and Risk Retention
- CFPB's LO Comp Rule
- Ability-to-Repay Rule and Qualified Mortgages
- Fair Lending Compliance
- CFPB Regulation of Mortgage Servicing
Home-equity lending is beginning to show new life. My company (pick one):
- Plans to enter this market over the next 12 months.
- Is already making home equity loans and hopes to increase the offerings.
- Is in the market but dont expect much growth.
- Is not making second liens and has no plans to do so.
Most Popular Stories
- Jumbo Originations Bounce Back in 2Q; Share of Total Production Soars
- GNMA Working on Position Paper on Nonbank Servicers; Agency Concerned About Capital and Infrastructure
- Credit Suisse Issues Complex Jumbo MBS, New Penn a Major Contributor
- FHFA Rule Would Effectively Ban Most REITs from FHLB System
- What Were Hearing: The Never Ending Ocwen Story / Moodys Downgrades Ocwen / No HQ Sale for Freddie Mac / Will the CFPB Buy the Fannie Property? / Now, Why Does Fannie Mae Need an Attorney with NYSE Knowledge?