Ginnie Mae Issuers
Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to Ginnie Mae Issuers.
December 2, 2016 - Inside FHA/VA Lending
Total FHA and VA originations increased during the first nine months of 2016 compared to the same period last year, although VA was more active, posting a double-digit production increase, according to an analysis of Ginnie Mae data. Lenders delivered $201.0 billion of FHA loans to Ginnie single-family mortgage pools over the last three quarters, up 4.8 percent from the previous year. Approximately 65.4 percent and 29.3 percent of FHA loans securitized were purchase loans and refinances, respectively. The remainder was loan modifications. VA originations totaled $143.2 billion over the same period, up 22.3 percent from last year. Refinances accounted for 51.9 percent of volume and purchase loans comprised 47.0 percent. The share of FHA loans in agency mortgage-backed securities for the nine-month period was 19.5 percent and 13.9 percent for VA. FHA loans accounted for ...
November 18, 2016 - Inside FHA/VA Lending
A strong purchase market helped push FHA and VA originations in the third quarter of 2016, according to an Inside FHA/VA Lending analysis of agency data. FHA forward originations increased by 17.4 percent from the second quarter for a total of $72.3 billion. That brought total FHA-insured loans originated over the first nine months to $187.3 billion, up 3.9 percent from the same period last year. Purchase mortgages comprised 70.0 percent of FHAs total origination over the last three quarters. Quicken Loans reported only a 3.3 percent increase in FHA originations in the third quarter but still managed to retain its top ranking with $10.8 billion in FHA originations in the first nine months of 2016. Freedom Mortgage worked extra hard, ending the nine-month period with $5.0 billion on the strength of refinances. Third-quarter originations were up 69.6 percent from the prior quarter, and up 51.4 percent for the ... [ 4 charts ]
- GSE Private MI Profile 3Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 2Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 2Q16
- Top Players 2Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- Jumbo Servicing Up 10.2 Percent Year Over Year
- Short Takes: What Goes Up, Must Come Down (GSE Share Prices) / An Underperform Rating / Buy Low, Sell High Accomplished / Urban Revitalization, a HUD Goal for Ben Carson? / New Hires for Alterra Home Loans
- Now that the HUD Job is Settled, Speculation Begins on Trumps Pick for FHA Commissioner
- HUD Eases FHA Outsourcing Rules. HR Departments in Play?
- AEI Slams NARs First-Time Homebuyer Stats