Federal Home Loan Banks
Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to Federal Home Loan Banks.
November 11, 2016 - Inside The GSEs
The Federal Home Loan Bank System witnessed an increase in earnings for the third quarter, which rose to $861 million, and a year-to-date total of $2,478 million. The FHLBank Office of Finance noted that the quarterly net income increase was due to higher gains on litigation settlements, derivatives, hedging activities and higher net interest income. Additionally, the increase on year-to-date earnings was due to gains on trading securities, partially offset by losses on derivatives and hedging activities. Total assets for the FHLBanks grew to $1.036 trillion, an 8.7 percent increase from the second quarter. Advances represented $688.6 billion, which was driven mainly by higher member demand by larger members. That number is down slightly from the...
October 28, 2016 - Inside The GSEs
Housing Finance Agencys proposal to loosen regulation of new business activities by the Federal Home Loan Banks generally showed support for the changes but recommended further exclusions from the definition of new business activities. The comment period ended on Oct. 24 and the FHLBanks commended the FHFA for its thoughtful proposal. Nevertheless, it noted that it would still like to see the agency adopt proposed enhancements to the new business activity regulation. Back in 2013, the FHLBanks wrote the FHFA about their concerns with the burden of existing regulations. The FHLBanks said that the broad scope of the rule requires them to spend a large amount of time and effort determining whether a proposed activity is...
- GSE Private MI Profile 3Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 2Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 2Q16
- Top Players 2Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- Short Takes: What Goes Up, Must Come Down (GSE Share Prices) / An Underperform Rating / Buy Low, Sell High Accomplished / Urban Revitalization, a HUD Goal for Ben Carson? / New Hires for Alterra Home Loans
- Fair Housing Group Alleges Racial Bias in Fannie Foreclosure Upkeep
- Warehouse Sector Continues to Hum Along, but Managers Concerned about Rising Rates
- Jumbo Servicing Up 10.2 Percent Year Over Year
- Impac Confirms Layoffs at CashCall Unit. Other Firms May Follow Suit