Federal Home Loan Banks
Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to Federal Home Loan Banks.
September 23, 2016 - Inside MBS & ABS
Foreign investors, commercial banks and mutual funds all beefed up their holdings of agency MBS during the second quarter of 2016, according to a new Inside MBS & ABS analysis. The Federal Reserve remained the biggest investor in the agency MBS market with $1.744 trillion on its books at the end of June. That accounted for 29.7 percent of the $5.867 trillion of single-family agency MBS outstanding at that time, but it was down 0.5 percent from the end of March. The central banks MBS holdings vary slightly in the Feds weekly snapshots as pending transactions wait to clear, but its game plan is to hold its portfolio steady by reinvesting principal payments. The single-family agency MBS market grew...[Includes two data tables]
Most Popular Stories
- VA Lending Up Almost 30 Percent; Nonbanks Dominate
- Interest-Only Originations Spiked 45 Percent in 2Q; PHH Mortgage a Standout
- Booming MBS Issuance and Uptick in Rates Should Translate into Stellar 3Q Results for Fannie and Freddie. Right?
- Freddie Mac Rolls Out Front-End Risk-Sharing Pilot; But No Benefit for Lenders
- Big M&A Announcements Slated for MBA Convention in Boston?