Browse articles from all of our Newsletters related to FDIC.
January 13, 2017 - Inside MBS & ABS
Capital requirements regarding bank holdings of non-agency MBS increased significantly after federal regulators implemented Basel III reforms in 2014. And while banks have largely been reluctant to re-enter the market for non-agency MBS issuance, a recent report by the Government Accountability Office suggests that the impact of bank involvement in the non-agency MBS market is unclear. The GAO was asked to explain how capital requirements for a mortgage depend on how the loan is financed and how the requirements have changed since the financial crisis. The report was requested by Sen. Richard Shelby, R-AL, who until recently was the chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs. The GAO noted...
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Private MI Profile 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: Time for Steve to Talk to Mel / Going to Bed, Disappointed / The GSE Stock Bet: Buy Low, Sell High / Is Pershing Square Losing Money on the GSEs? / NAR Chief Stays Hopeful on MIP Cut
- Nonbanks Increased Agency Servicing by Almost 22 Percent in 2016
- Treasury Nominee Mnuchin Shoots Down GSE Recap and Release Concept
- Two Hours After Trump is Sworn In, HUD Issues Mortgagee Letter Killing the FHA MIP Reduction
- Trump May Ice the FHA MIP Cut, At Least for Now