Enter search term(s) below (Search tips)
How to use this search engine
You can use any of the three search methods that operate on insidemortgagefinance.coms search engine Boolean, set logic and natural language. Read below for a brief guide to each:
This common search method lets you easily combine terms by using programming devices called "operators" such as "AND," "OR," "AND NOT. Inside Mortgage Finance search engine uses this method as the default search system, and assumes the operator AND when more than one term is being searched.
AND requires all terms appear in a record.
OR retrieves records with either term.
AND NOT excludes terms.
Parentheses may be used to sequence operations and group words. Parenthesis MUST be used when searching using the operator OR.
Wild Card Character
For broad searches, you may use an asterisk (*) to represent multiple characters. For example: computer* would return items such as computer, computers, computerized, computeristic, etc. Please note: A "*" may be used only at the end of a search term.
Set logic method is based on the mathematical concept of sets. The default behavior of the search is to locate an intersection (or 'AND') of every element within a query. This means that the query; "procurement regulation interface" is the equivalent to the boolean query: "procurement AND regulation AND interface."
Set logic operators
- '-' (without)
The '-'(minus) is the most commonly used logic symbol. It means the answer should EXCLUDE references to that item.
- '+' (mandatory)
The '+'(plus) symbol in front of a search item means that the answer MUST INCLUDE that item.
Sets (or lists) of things are specified by placing the elements within parenthesis, separated by commas. Example: (procurement,regulation,interface)
|procurement regulation interface||procurement with regulation and interface|
|procurement regulation -interface||procurement with regulation without interface|
Natural Language Query
This method is based on a close approximation to how people normally phrase questions in spoken communication. You may enter a query in the form of a sentence or question. Key words and phrases within your query will be identified by the search engine and extraneous words deleted from the search.
What is the state of the art in text retrieval?
The software will search for:
state of the art AND text AND retrieval.
You may enter specific parameters on the search engine input fields, or you can leave them blank. If you do not change or set the various search parameters, the default search is for all time periods, in all print categories of Government Computer News, and ranked with the most recent first.
Inside Mortgage Finance search engine is tuned to locate search terms within a specified proximity of each other, to achieve the most relevant result possible. Most search queries will produce the best results if the default setting, Medium, is used.
More questions? Contact us
- Top Players 4Q14
- Agency Channel Analysis: 2014
- GSE Seller Profile: 4Q14
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 4Q14
- Mortgage Profitabiilty 3Q14
With the recent dip in interest rates, how do you feel about loan volumes this year?
- We see loan production ending 2015 flat compared to 2014.
- Were optimistic that our originations will rise by 10 to 20 percent year over year.
- Were really optimistic: We expect production to increase by 20 percent or better from last year.
- Were not so bullish. Originations for us may actually fall.
Most Popular Stories
- Increasingly, Real Estate Agents are Warming Up to Call-Center Lenders
- What Were Hearing: PHH, Worth Double? / BofA, Slow and Really Cautious / No Cut in G-Fees? Heres Why / Protecting Your Officers and Directors / A Market on Fire: VA Lending
- Going, Going, Gone: HARP Volumes a Shadow of What They Used to Be
- Another Cross to Bear for Jumbo MBS: Investors Like GSE Risk-Share Deals Better
- Short Takes: Nationstar Hiring? / Ocwen for Sale? / Is it Safe for Nonbanks to Start Originating Seconds? / A Capital Break for MSRs? / Impac Posts Loss