Subscribe to Inside the CFPB
This biweekly keeps executives on top of the onslaught of new legal and regulatory issues the industry has been seeing. Covers fair lending, consumer protection, RESPA, TILA, HMDA, and relevant lawsuits. Provides news, analysis and tips to help your company understand CFPB's demands and stay in compliance. Inside the CFPB is published 25 times a year.
Does your lending shop have any plans to make non-jumbo, non-QM loans this year? These would be loans similar to "Alt A" and subprime products made BEFORE standards were loosened severely in the 2004 to 2007 era.
- Its under consideration, maybe by 3Q or 4Q.
- We were going to until the TRID "error" mess hit.
Most Popular Stories
- The Final Origination Tally for 1Q16: A Slight Decline but Results Vary Among Lenders
- Real Estate Agents Complain (Big Time) About the TRID Nightmare
- CFPB Ready to Deal? Agency Will Make Adjustments to TRID (Know Before You Owe); Unclear On Far It Will Go
- Short Takes: Ocwens Potential India Problem / Will Trump Penalize Servicers for Offshoring? / Altisource and Ocwen, Connected at the Hip / Bill Would Let GSEs Retain Capital / Spurs Capital Out on Its Own
- More Bad News for Ocwen: No Word on When MSR Purchases Can Commence; Lending Falls