Subscribe to Inside MBS & ABS
This weekly covers the secondary mortgage market, including mortgage-backed securities and asset-backed securities. Provides extensive data on all securities and rankings of issuers and underwriters. Includes definitive coverage of both the agency and non-agency markets including important accounting issues, controversies, top players and government programs. Inside MBS & ABS is published 48 times a year.
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile
- Mortgage Profitability Report
- GSE Seller Profile: 1Q13
- GSE Repurchase Activity Full Year 2012
- Top Mortgage Players
- 2013 Mortgage Market Statistical Annual
What should be done to reform Fannie Maes and Freddie Macs position in the mortgage market?
- Wind the two GSEs down as quickly as possible while setting up some new government guarantee program for conservatively underwritten conventional mortgages.
- Let the two GSEs continue to funnel money to the Treasury while developing a plan to take them out of conservatorship as private companies.
- Do nothing since the housing market is too dependent on the two GSEs and Congress is unlikely to agree on a major change in the status quo anytime soon.
Most Popular Stories
- Caliber Enters the Correspondent Channel, Taps PennyMac Executive
- Home-Equity Market Still in Doldrums Despite Small Climb in Bank Unfunded Commitments
- Parent of Bexil American Mortgage Loses Money, Second Top Officer Departs
- GSE Shareholders Sue U.S. in Claims Court, Want $41 Billion in Damages
- BofA Settlement Sends Bank Repurchase Activity to Second Highest Level Ever