About Inside the GSEs
As has been the case for the past several years, the majority of mortgage loans made today will become part of Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac securitizations, subject to the GSEs underwriting requirements, quality control constraints, and servicing guidelines. The new qualified mortgage standards, which give a special pass on debt-to-income ratio for loans sold to the GSEs, will likely only solidify Fannies and Freddies ability to dictate the outer limits of much of the mortgage business.
With this dominant sway over the market, no one who makes, sells, or services mortgages or supports those who do can afford to not know everything that is going on at the GSEseither because youre in their market space or because youre consciously working to build business in the slim areas outside of it.
Now theres a great way to keep up with all things Fannie Mae and Freddie Macthe all-new Inside The GSEs. This publication, from Inside Mortgage Finance, keeps you current on everything GSE related. Its detailed yet succinct reporting brings you the latest on
- regulatory news from the GSEs conservator, the Federal Housing Finance Agency,
- legislative wrangling over GSE reform and leadership on Capitol Hill,
- updates on new and continuing litigation brought by or against Fannie, Freddie, and the FHFA,
- earnings and investment news about Fannie and Freddie (including rock-solid, detailed numbers),
- internal watchdog reports on GSE and FHFA performance,
- new operational strategies and innovations at Fannie and Freddie,
- industry feedback on GSE policies and procedures,
- new directives from the FHFA to the GSEs, and
- notification of all seller/servicer pronouncements from the GSEs.
Breaking news alertsdelivered straight to your email inbox so you can be among the first to knowkeep you informed about important developments as they happen.
Nothing that involves Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac or the FHFA will escape your notice when you subscribe to Inside The GSEs. Youll be poised to make the most of new options within the GSE market or outside of it and primed to steer clear of potential problems. Subscribe now so you dont miss a single development.
But Inside The GSEs delivers way more than top-to-bottom coverage of Fannie, Freddie and the FHFA. Each issue also brings you reliable, detailed market data that isnt available anywhere else. You will be thoroughly informed about the financial performance and strategies of Fannie and Freddie as well as the business models of the seller/servicers who work with them. As a subscriber, youll receive regular updates on
- The top sellers to the GSEs, a monthly reckoning of the 100 largest sellers by volume, with detail on their Fannie/Freddie split and change in volume from previous periods;
- GSE MBS trends, a monthly breakdown of MBS issuance by GSE, purpose, and loan characteristics;
- The 100 top GSE servicers based on buyback activity, a quarterly analysis of who was required to repurchase the largest volume of loans, including GSE-specific numbers;
- GSE earnings, a quarterly accounting of Fannies and Freddies income, expenses and holdings.
Plus each issue presents, right on the front page, GSE Snapshot, a quick-glance data barometer featuring the latest numbers on Fannies and Freddies new business, mortgage portfolio holdings, delinquency rates, guarantees outstanding, MBS liquidation rate, debt outstanding, and tally of bailout paybacks.
As a subscriber, you can also activate complementary web access and open up eight years of exclusive historical GSE-centered data. The archive access provides eight years of news content as well.
Nobody reveals more about the inner workings of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the FHFA than Inside The GSEs. Youll know how the GSEs are doing and what the GSEs are doing so you can respond smartly and decisively.
Inside The GSEs is published biweekly, 25 times a year. Est. 2002.
Go to payment options for Inside The GSEs
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
Most Popular Stories
- Charbonneau & Associates Working on Two M&A Deals
- GSE Buybacks Fell to Record Low in Fourth Quarter, 2016
- What Were Hearing: No GSE Capital in Nine Months / But Dont Sweat It / Mel Knows / Fairholmes Bad Bet on Sears / Impac Borrows Against Fannie Mae MSRs / Blends Clients Include Movement Mortgage
- Grants Help Launch 15 New Mortgage Brokerage Shops
- Grant from NAMB and United Wholesale Helps Fund 15 New Mortgage Broker Shops