Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Activity
Top Mortgage Sellers to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Ranking of the top 50 mortgage sellers to either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac by volume in dollars. Includes market share, volumes for the last two quarters, and total sales of FRMs and ARMs. Data available for each for 2005-1Q13.
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile
- Mortgage Profitability Report
- GSE Seller Profile: 1Q13
- GSE Repurchase Activity Full Year 2012
- Top Mortgage Players
- 2013 Mortgage Market Statistical Annual
What should be done to reform Fannie Maes and Freddie Macs position in the mortgage market?
- Wind the two GSEs down as quickly as possible while setting up some new government guarantee program for conservatively underwritten conventional mortgages.
- Let the two GSEs continue to funnel money to the Treasury while developing a plan to take them out of conservatorship as private companies.
- Do nothing since the housing market is too dependent on the two GSEs and Congress is unlikely to agree on a major change in the status quo anytime soon.
Most Popular Stories
- Former Regulator Lockhart: Let GSEs Issue MBS Without Insurance
- Are Mortgage Company Sellers Holding Out For Too Much?
- Lenders, Consumer Groups Support Residual Income Test for HECM Borrowers
- Ranieri Disappointed in Strength of the Non-Agency Market
- How Do You Thread the ATR Needle? Think CADI, Pro Says