Mortgage-Related Security Investors
Top bank and thrift mortgage security investors
Top Bank and Thrift MBS Investors
Ranking of banks and thrifts based on total MBS volume. Columns include agency and private pass-through MBS and REMIC/CMO and change from previous quarter and previous year.
Top Bank Holding Company MBS Investors
Ranking of the top bank holding company MBS investors by total MBS holdings by year. 1996-2005 and 2011-2012 data list the top 50, while 2006-2010 data list the top 25.
- Data from 2001-2006 include numbers for pass-through holdings including Ginnie Mae, Fannie/Freddie and private label holdings, as well as CMO/REMIC holdings including agency-issued, agency-backed and other.
- 2006-2010 data also include rankings broken down by MBS type, including GNMA, Fannie/Freddie, and private mortgage pass-throughs, as well as agency-issued, agency-backed and other CMO/REMICs.
- 2006, and 2008-2010 data include mortgage security holdings for the last two quarters and the quarter one year prior to the most recent. Quarter-to-quarter change as a percentage is given, as is percentage of total assets that are MBSs.
- 1996-1999 data include holdings of agency, private label and CMO/REMICs MBSs as well as change from the previous year.
Please note that 2000 data are not available.
Top Thrift MBS Investors
Chart ranking the largest mortgage security-holding thrift institutions by year. Data available from 1996-2Q11, except 2000, for which no data are available.
- 2006-2Q11 data include total MRS holdings for the period given, as well as total holdings for the previous period. MRS portfolio holdings are also provided, broken down by agency pool, CMO/REMIC and non-agency. Totals for all FDIC-insured thrifts are provided.
- 2001-2005 data include total MRS holdings by year, as well as total holdings for the previous year and the 3rd quarter of the year given. MRS portfolio holdings for the 4th quarter of the given year are also provided, broken down by derivatives, agency pool and non-agency. Totals for all FDIC-insured thrifts are provided.
- 1996-1999 data include MBS holdings in the CCMO/REMIC, agency and private categories, as well as total MRS holdings and change as a percentage from the previous year. Totals for all thrifts are included.
- GSE Private MI Profile 3Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 2Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 2Q16
- Top Players 2Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: Time to Merge HUD and the FHFA? / Short Covering Behind GSE Stock Spike? / The Quandary Over GSE CRT Deals / 387 Days Before Fannie and Freddie Run Out of Capital / New Hires for Tech Vendor
- Lone Stars New Nonprime MBS Sets the Standard: An AAA Rating and the Largest Post-Crisis Deal to Date
- Cato Institutes Mark Calabria Up for the FHA Job?
- Short Takes: Putting Fannie and Freddie in Receivership? / Cashing Out of Gains on GSE Common. Anyone? / No Chatter at Lunch / Freddies CSP Milestone / Stonegate Hires Renovation Leader
- Mortgage Stocks Take Part in the Trump Rally