MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Top Bank Holding Company MBS Investors
Ranking of the top bank holding company MBS investors by total MBS holdings by year. 1996-2005 and 2011-2012 data list the top 50, while 2006-2010 data list the top 25.
- Data from 2001-2006 include numbers for pass-through holdings including Ginnie Mae, Fannie/Freddie and private label holdings, as well as CMO/REMIC holdings including agency-issued, agency-backed and other.
- 2006-2010 data also include rankings broken down by MBS type, including GNMA, Fannie/Freddie, and private mortgage pass-throughs, as well as agency-issued, agency-backed and other CMO/REMICs.
- 2006, and 2008-2010 data include mortgage security holdings for the last two quarters and the quarter one year prior to the most recent. Quarter-to-quarter change as a percentage is given, as is percentage of total assets that are MBSs.
- 1996-1999 data include holdings of agency, private label and CMO/REMICs MBSs as well as change from the previous year.
Please note that 2000 data are not available.
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: Huge GSE Profits, Dont Get Used to It / The Perfect (Earnings) Storm / A Ginnie Solution for the GSEs? / PHHs New Strategy / Aide to HUD Nominee Ben Carson Fired for Writings Critical of Trump
- Short Takes: What Does Bruce Berkowitz Think? / Freddie Exploring SFR Market / BB&T Building New Servicing Center / CoreLogic CEO on Medical Leave / loanDepot Executive Jumps Ship for Wisconsin Lender
- Sen. Crapo, Fed Chair Yellen Agree Housing Finance Reform is Urgent
- A Blowout 4Q16 Profit for Fannie Mae: $5 Billion; $3.9 Billion in Gains from Derivatives
- Freddie Mac Hits an Earnings Grand Slam in 4Q16: $4.8 Billion in Net Income; Gains from Derivatives Top $6.3 Billion