MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Top Bank Holding Company MBS Investors
Ranking of the top bank holding company MBS investors by total MBS holdings by year. 1996-2005 and 2011-2012 data list the top 50, while 2006-2010 data list the top 25.
- Data from 2001-2006 include numbers for pass-through holdings including Ginnie Mae, Fannie/Freddie and private label holdings, as well as CMO/REMIC holdings including agency-issued, agency-backed and other.
- 2006-2010 data also include rankings broken down by MBS type, including GNMA, Fannie/Freddie, and private mortgage pass-throughs, as well as agency-issued, agency-backed and other CMO/REMICs.
- 2006, and 2008-2010 data include mortgage security holdings for the last two quarters and the quarter one year prior to the most recent. Quarter-to-quarter change as a percentage is given, as is percentage of total assets that are MBSs.
- 1996-1999 data include holdings of agency, private label and CMO/REMICs MBSs as well as change from the previous year.
Please note that 2000 data are not available.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- BofA Expands and Doubles Commitment to Low-Downpayment Program
- The Clayton Revolving Door Continues. A Goodwill Charge for Radian?
- PHH Ruling Expected to Slow CFPBs Enforcement Roll, But How Much?
- Nonbank MSR Share Expands in 3Q16
- Vehicle Finance, Credit Card Securitizations Fuel Sturdy Increase in 3Q16 ABS Issuance