MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Top Bank Holding Company MBS Investors
Ranking of the top bank holding company MBS investors by total MBS holdings by year. 1996-2005 and 2011-2012 data list the top 50, while 2006-2010 data list the top 25.
- Data from 2001-2006 include numbers for pass-through holdings including Ginnie Mae, Fannie/Freddie and private label holdings, as well as CMO/REMIC holdings including agency-issued, agency-backed and other.
- 2006-2010 data also include rankings broken down by MBS type, including GNMA, Fannie/Freddie, and private mortgage pass-throughs, as well as agency-issued, agency-backed and other CMO/REMICs.
- 2006, and 2008-2010 data include mortgage security holdings for the last two quarters and the quarter one year prior to the most recent. Quarter-to-quarter change as a percentage is given, as is percentage of total assets that are MBSs.
- 1996-1999 data include holdings of agency, private label and CMO/REMICs MBSs as well as change from the previous year.
Please note that 2000 data are not available.
- Top Players 4Q16
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
Most Popular Stories
- Fannie Maes Involvement in SFR Market Raises Questions of Charter Creep
- The Final Tally on Publicly Traded Nonbanks: A $156.1 Million Loss for 2016
- MBA Cautions Against Defining All Loans Held in Portfolio as Qualified Mortgages
- Charbonneau & Associates Working on Two M&A Deals
- Short Takes: Meet HAL, Your Loan Officer / The Low-Hanging (Mortgage) Fruit / Can a Computer go to Jail? / Digital Mortgage Means What Exactly? / Wedbush Likes Nationstar