Top Alt A Lenders
Ranking of the top Alt A mortgage lenders by volume in dollars and market share. Also includes total originations for ranked lenders and the percentage of those originations that is Alt A. For Q1-Q2 2008 the top 15 lenders are available, and the data omit total originations. For 2006 and 2007, the top 25 lenders are available, for 2005, the top 20 lenders are available, for 2004, the top 15 are available.
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
With rates higher this year, there has been talk of lenders liberalizing their underwriting standards in an effort to increase volume and make up for lower refis.
Do you think your shop will loosen standards over the coming three months?
- Yes, but not by much.
- Yes, by a lot.
- Yes and, heck, we may even do non-QM lending.
- No, not at all.
- No and we may even tighten credit.
Most Popular Stories
- Bank Holdings of First Liens Increased in 4Q16 Ever So Slightly
- Wall Streeter Phillips to Play Critical Role at Treasury on GSE Reform; GSE Principles Coming Soon from Trump?
- MBA: Net Origination Profit Plunged 68 Percent in 4Q16
- Finance of America Commercial Makes Big Push Into Broker Market with Fix & Flip Lending
- Short Takes: Coming Soon: Falling Interest Rates? / Walter Gets Smacked Down Again / Embrace Sends its Top LOs to Boca / CoreLogics $5 Million Man (Rounded) / A New Hire for Silver Hill