MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Thrift Industry Mortgage Security Holdings
Thrift industry mortgage security holdings by year from 1987-2011, including GSE/GNMA pool MBS, non-agency pool MBS, agency REMICs, non-agency REMICs, total MRS, total MRS holdings for all FDIC-insured thrifts, and FHL bank MBS.
1987-2008 data includes 2008 quarterly numbers, while 2001-2Q11 data includes quarterly numbers for 2010-2Q11.
Most Popular Stories
- Short Takes: Freddie CEO: Its a Fact of Life / Industry Says Stop the Madness, Let the GSEs Build Capital / The Betting is that Watt Will Pull the Recap Lever / Mels Nightmare / Look for Some Type of PHH Sale
- Freddie Books $4.56 Billion Hedging Loss for 1Q. But Net Loss is Just $354 Million. No Assistance From Uncle Sam (At This Time)
- Banks Report Modest Improvement in Mortgage-Banking Income for 1Q16
- Walters Stock Crushed After $173 Million Loss For 1Q; Inks Deal to Sell MSRs
- Fannie and Freddie Rocking n Rolling in Multifamily MBS; $100 Billion This Year?