MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Thrift Industry Mortgage Security Holdings
Thrift industry mortgage security holdings by year from 1987-2011, including GSE/GNMA pool MBS, non-agency pool MBS, agency REMICs, non-agency REMICs, total MRS, total MRS holdings for all FDIC-insured thrifts, and FHL bank MBS.
1987-2008 data includes 2008 quarterly numbers, while 2001-2Q11 data includes quarterly numbers for 2010-2Q11.
Most Popular Stories
- Exclusive: Fannie and Freddie Received Marching Orders from the FHFA: Have the Same G-Fees
- What Were Hearing: The Mortgage Customer and Wells Fargo? / This Too Shall Blow Over Maybe / Houston-Based Mortgage Firm Up For Grabs / Question for Promontory: Do You Really Want to be Owned by IBM? / MBA Chief: Hillary Clearer on Housing Issues
- Will the Wells Fargo Account Scandal Hit the Megabanks Mortgage Business? Correspondent Sellers Fear Reputational Risk
- A Significant Increase in Agency Jumbos for 2Q; GSE Loan Limit to Increase?
- BB&T Unveils FHA Settlement with DOJ. Next