MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Thrift Industry Mortgage Security Holdings
Thrift industry mortgage security holdings by year from 1987-2011, including GSE/GNMA pool MBS, non-agency pool MBS, agency REMICs, non-agency REMICs, total MRS, total MRS holdings for all FDIC-insured thrifts, and FHL bank MBS.
1987-2008 data includes 2008 quarterly numbers, while 2001-2Q11 data includes quarterly numbers for 2010-2Q11.
- NEW QUARTER RELEASED! GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 3Q14
- GSE Seller Profile: 3Q14
- Mortgage Profitabiilty 2Q14
- Top Players 2Q14
- Agency Condo Market: 2013
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: More Questions About Wingspan but No Answers / Are Specialty Servicers Toast? / Should Ocwen Move Its India Workers to Upstate New York? / Mortgage Company Owner Wants to Buy Baseball Team
- Wingspan Gets Multi-Million Capital Infusion, Horne Out as President
- Yes, But Will the Megabanks Loosen Credit?
- Ocwen Shareholder: Investors Have Been Smoked, Will OCN Be Forced to Sell MSRs?
- Final Rule on Risk-Retention For Non-Agency MBS Features Broad Exemptions