MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Thrift Industry Mortgage Security Holdings
Thrift industry mortgage security holdings by year from 1987-2011, including GSE/GNMA pool MBS, non-agency pool MBS, agency REMICs, non-agency REMICs, total MRS, total MRS holdings for all FDIC-insured thrifts, and FHL bank MBS.
1987-2008 data includes 2008 quarterly numbers, while 2001-2Q11 data includes quarterly numbers for 2010-2Q11.
Most Popular Stories
- GSE Preferred Shareholders Rejoice in Release of New Court Documents. A White House Cover Up?
- What Were Hearing: Did Wells Hit A Mortgage Home Run? Time Will Tell / A Media Coverage Coup / The BofA-NACA-Pinto Project, A Status Report / Why Jumbo MBS Issuance Wont Return Anytime Soon / Publishing Note
- Fourth-Ranked Guild Mortgage Will Fight FHA Case; CEO Says Company is a Responsible Lender
- Loan Brokers Increased Market Share to 10 Percent in 1Q16. Can Those Gains Hold?
- Short Takes: How About a 37.5 BP GSE Servicing Fee? / Jumbo Lenders Await President Obama, Maybe / Nonbank Dumps MSRs? / PHH Inks New Severance Deal for Top Execs / Retirement at BB&T