MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Thrift Industry Mortgage Security Holdings
Thrift industry mortgage security holdings by year from 1987-2011, including GSE/GNMA pool MBS, non-agency pool MBS, agency REMICs, non-agency REMICs, total MRS, total MRS holdings for all FDIC-insured thrifts, and FHL bank MBS.
1987-2008 data includes 2008 quarterly numbers, while 2001-2Q11 data includes quarterly numbers for 2010-2Q11.
What is the very best source of new mortgage customers for your lending shop? (Choose one only.)
- Leads provided to me by employer
- Paid internet/website leads
- Real estate agents/Realtors
- Our existing customer base/our servicing customers
- My own personal sales "leads" database
Most Popular Stories
- A Boom in Securitizations for 2Q16: $400 Billion of MBS & ABS Hit the Market; Residential MBS Jumps 28 Percent
- Short Takes: MI Sector Begins to Bounce / A GSE Price Cut, Not an FHA One? / Another Ginnie Mae Summit? / Arch Issues Report on Housing Price Risk / Phoenix Out with New Flow MSR Deals
- A Historic Shift? Nonbanks Closing in on 50% Share of New Originations
- CFPBs First Use of Mystery Shopping Results in $10.6 Million Fine
- The Dark Side of Brexit: Servicers Could Get Hammered by MSR Markdowns