MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Thrift Industry Mortgage Security Holdings
Thrift industry mortgage security holdings by year from 1987-2011, including GSE/GNMA pool MBS, non-agency pool MBS, agency REMICs, non-agency REMICs, total MRS, total MRS holdings for all FDIC-insured thrifts, and FHL bank MBS.
1987-2008 data includes 2008 quarterly numbers, while 2001-2Q11 data includes quarterly numbers for 2010-2Q11.
The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury fell to all-time low of 1.34% recently. How much better will originations be at your shop in the second half compared to 1H, if at all?
- Better by 1% to 10%.
- Better by 11% to 25%.
- Off the charts better. Applications are great now.
- Worse than 1H, but not by much.
- A lot worse. But not sure on the damage.
Most Popular Stories
- Subservicer Rushmore Launches Consumer-Direct Channel; Former Nationstar Exec Leads the Effort
- The Six-Month Tally: FHA Production Up 8.4 Percent, VA by Almost 13 Percent
- Short Takes: Bank Says Were a Subprime Lender Too / No Ties to BofA / And the Big Three of Nonprime Lending Are / REIT Exits NPL Market / Former MGIC Chief Lacy Dead at 71
- Subservicer Statebridge Nearly Doubles Contracts to $2.60 Billion
- MBA Issues Warning on Lenders Getting Involved in Downpayment Assistance Programs