Mortgage and Asset Securities Issuance
Mortgage and asset-backed securities issued each year in dollars. Categories include GNMA, FHLMC, FNMA, non-agency, total MBS, agency CMO/REMIC, total MBS/CMO, non-mortgage ABS, and total MBS and ABS.
Data available in two sets:
- 1985-2008, with 2007 and 2008 data by quarter, and 2008 data by month.
- 1990-2Q16, with 2011-2Q16 data by quarter.
The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury fell to all-time low of 1.34% recently. How much better will originations be at your shop in the second half compared to 1H, if at all?
- Better by 1% to 10%.
- Better by 11% to 25%.
- Off the charts better. Applications are great now.
- Worse than 1H, but not by much.
- A lot worse. But not sure on the damage.
Most Popular Stories
- PHH to Lose Part of HSBC Contract. A New Tally on Damages: A 47% Decline in Subservicing Contracts
- FHFA Readies Successor Program to HARP. Name to Follow
- TRID Impact on Purchase-Mortgage Process Receives Widely Differing Assessments from Real Estate Agents
- What Were Hearing: Caliber and PHH, an Update / Not a Good Thing: Having Too Much of Your Net Worth Tied up in MSRs / Banks and Brokers: No Longer in Love / Will a Retail Subprime Lender Emerge and Go National? / IU Chief Loses GSE Case
- Mortgage Securitization Rate Drifts Slightly Lower in 2Q16, Remains Well Below Post-Crash High