Mortgage and Asset Securities Issuance
Mortgage and asset-backed securities issued each year in dollars. Categories include GNMA, FHLMC, FNMA, non-agency, total MBS, agency CMO/REMIC, total MBS/CMO, non-mortgage ABS, and total MBS and ABS.
Data available in two sets:
- 1985-2008, with 2007 and 2008 data by quarter, and 2008 data by month.
- 1990-1Q13, with 2011-1Q13 data by quarter.
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile
- Mortgage Profitability Report
- GSE Seller Profile: 1Q13
- GSE Repurchase Activity Full Year 2012
- Top Mortgage Players
- 2013 Mortgage Market Statistical Annual
What should be done to reform Fannie Maes and Freddie Macs position in the mortgage market?
- Wind the two GSEs down as quickly as possible while setting up some new government guarantee program for conservatively underwritten conventional mortgages.
- Let the two GSEs continue to funnel money to the Treasury while developing a plan to take them out of conservatorship as private companies.
- Do nothing since the housing market is too dependent on the two GSEs and Congress is unlikely to agree on a major change in the status quo anytime soon.
Most Popular Stories
- Caliber Enters the Correspondent Channel, Taps PennyMac Executive
- MSR Values Rise In First Quarter, More Increases on the Way?
- Home-Equity Market Still in Doldrums Despite Small Climb in Bank Unfunded Commitments
- Parent of Bexil American Mortgage Loses Money, Second Top Officer Departs
- GSE Shareholders Sue U.S. in Claims Court, Want $41 Billion in Damages