Inside Mortgage Finance publishes extensive data on primary mortgage insurance activity including private mortgage insurance volume and market share.
Click here to access full list of available mortgage data
Inside Mortgage Finance collects data from over 100 lenders, including our own surveys, earnings reports and SEC disclosures, and bank regulatory filings. We also use FHA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac data that cover several hundred lenders.
Private Mortgage Insurance Earnings
Earnings for private mortgage insurers 2005-3Q13. Earnings are listed by quarter and for the year, and include the two previous years' total earnings and yearly percent change. Total earnings for the mortgage insurance industry are also included.
Primary Mortgage Insurance Activity
Chart of primary mortgage insurance activity by year for 1988-2007, 1992-2Q09, and 2002-4Q13. Data for each year include new primary private mortgage insurance (traditional, bulk and total), government-insured lending (FHA and VA), the total primary mortgage insurance dollar value and primary market share (PMI, FHA, and VA). 1988-2007 set includes quarterly data for 2007, 1992-2Q09 for 2003-2Q09, and 2002-2Q11 for 2013.
Private Mortgage Insurance Volume and Market Share
Rankings of both the dollar volume and market share for private mortgage insurers for a given year. Includes total MI written, as well as traditional and bulk MI amounts and primary in force. Data available from 1992-4Q13.
- 2004, 2005, 2008-4Q13 includes quarterly MI firm volume including traditional, bulk and total primary MI written.
- 2000 does not include traditional and bulk MI amounts but adds the previous years volume and market share and the percent change from the previous year.
- 1998 and 1999 does not include traditional and bulk MI amounts but provides quarterly breakdowns of MI business and percent change from the previous year.
- 1995-1997 does not include traditional and bulk MI amounts but adds the previous years volume and rank as well as percent change from the previous year.
- 1994 does not include traditional and bulk MI amounts or primary in force, but adds the previous years volume and rank as well as percent change from the previous year.
- 1992 and 1993 does not include traditional and bulk MI amounts or primary in force, but adds the previous years volume as well as percent change from the previous year.
- GSE Seller Profile: 4Q13
- Top Mortgage Players: 3Q13
- GSE Repurchase Activity First Half 2013
- Mortgage Profitability Report: 3Q13
- GSE Market Profile: FY12
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile
What is your mortgage servicing rights strategy for the year?
- We plan to originate and keep all of our MSRs.
- We sell all our MSRs "servicing released" for cash right away.
- We have a strategy of selling some of our MSRs, but only when we need to.
- None of these describes our 2014 strategy.
Most Popular Stories
- Bank Mortgage Repurchase Volume Falls to 5-Year Low
- Short Takes: Some Advice on Mortgage Layoffs / UGI, Not A Joiner / More on the New MI Trade Group / Are Special Servicers Bad Actors? / MSR Auctions From Prestwick, Phoenix
- Nations Sixth Largest Table Funder, Fifth Third, Calls It a Day on Broker Channel
- What Were Hearing: A 90 Percent Plunge in Originations? / 20 Girlfriends, Only One Mortgage Bride / JPMs Jamie Dimon Said What? / Who Died and Left Ben Lawsky Boss? / The CFPB Might Need to Open an Office in India
- New MI Trade Group Has Limited Visibility on GSE Eligibility Standards