Private Mortgage Insurance Activity
Primary Mortgage Insurance Activity
Chart of primary mortgage insurance activity by year for 1988-2007, 1992-2Q09, 2002-4Q13, and 2004-2Q16. Data for each year include new primary private mortgage insurance (traditional, bulk and total), government-insured lending (FHA and VA), the total primary mortgage insurance dollar value and primary market share (PMI, FHA, and VA). 1988-2007 set includes quarterly data for 2007, 1992-2Q09 for 2003-2Q09, 2002-4Q13 for 2013, and 2004-2Q16 for 1Q13-2Q16.
Most Popular Stories
- A Significant Increase in Agency Jumbos for 2Q; GSE Loan Limit to Increase?
- Redwood CEO: JPMorgan Ahead of Everybody Else with Non-Agency MBS Packed with GSE-Eligible Loans
- Will the Wells Fargo Account Scandal Hit the Megabanks Mortgage Business? Correspondent Sellers Fear Reputational Risk
- Analyst: PHH Corp. Is Just too Cheap; But Will a Buyer Emerge?
- Ginnie Mae Keeping a Close Eye on Servicing Sales, Liquidity