Private Mortgage Insurance Activity
Primary Mortgage Insurance Activity
Chart of primary mortgage insurance activity by year for 1988-2007, 1992-2Q09, 2002-4Q13, and 2004-4Q16. Data for each year include new primary private mortgage insurance (traditional, bulk and total), government-insured lending (FHA and VA), the total primary mortgage insurance dollar value and primary market share (PMI, FHA, and VA). 1988-2007 set includes quarterly data for 2007, 1992-2Q09 for 2003-2Q09, 2002-4Q13 for 2013, and 2004-4Q16 for 1Q13-4Q16.
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
With rates higher this year, there has been talk of lenders liberalizing their underwriting standards in an effort to increase volume and make up for lower refis.
Do you think your shop will loosen standards over the coming three months?
- Yes, but not by much.
- Yes, by a lot.
- Yes and, heck, we may even do non-QM lending.
- No, not at all.
- No and we may even tighten credit.
Most Popular Stories
- Home-Equity Lending Up in 2016, but HEL Debt Sinks to 13-Year Low
- A New Low for Walters Share Price: 64 Cents
- A Change in the GSE PSPAs Coming Soon? Dont Bet on It
- Bank Holdings of First Liens Increased in 4Q16 Ever So Slightly
- What Were Hearing: No GSE Capital in Nine Months / But Dont Sweat It / Mel Knows / Fairholmes Bad Bet on Sears / Impac Borrows Against Fannie Mae MSRs / Blends Clients Include Movement Mortgage