Private Mortgage Insurance Activity
Primary Mortgage Insurance Activity
Chart of primary mortgage insurance activity by year for 1988-2007, 1992-2Q09, 2002-4Q13, and 2004-2Q16. Data for each year include new primary private mortgage insurance (traditional, bulk and total), government-insured lending (FHA and VA), the total primary mortgage insurance dollar value and primary market share (PMI, FHA, and VA). 1988-2007 set includes quarterly data for 2007, 1992-2Q09 for 2003-2Q09, 2002-4Q13 for 2013, and 2004-2Q16 for 1Q13-2Q16.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- Freddie Tweaks Loan Advisor Product, Offers No-Cost Automated Appraisals
- Monday Morning Mortgage Shocker: Genworth Being Sold to Chinese Company
- CBO Says Even if GSE Plaintiffs Prevail, Treasury Would Still Get Most of the Earnings of Fannie and Freddie
- Short Takes: FHFA Chief Mel Watt: Embrace Change, Folks / Halfway to Five Years / MBAs Stevens Makes Reference to FHA Lawsuits / For Wells Fargo, the Fallout Continues
- Retail Channel was Dominant Source of Jumbos in First Half