Mortgage Profitability, Earnings and Repurchase Activity
Outstanding Repurchase Claims by Counterparty
Data breakdown for top lenders by quarter and by counterparty for outstanding repurchase claims. Lenders are Bank of America, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase and Citigroup, and Ally Financial (4Q10-4Q13 data only). Counterparties are GSE, PMI/Monoline, Private/Other. Other columns are GSE share of total outstanding and lender's share of group total.
- GSE Buybacks Thru 4Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 4Q16
- Mortgage Servicing Rights: 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
With rates higher this year, there has been talk of lenders liberalizing their underwriting standards in an effort to increase volume and make up for lower refis.
Do you think your shop will loosen standards over the coming three months?
- Yes, but not by much.
- Yes, by a lot.
- Yes and, heck, we may even do non-QM lending.
- No, not at all.
- No and we may even tighten credit.
Most Popular Stories
- Bank Holdings of First Liens Increased in 4Q16 Ever So Slightly
- Wall Streeter Phillips to Play Critical Role at Treasury on GSE Reform; GSE Principles Coming Soon from Trump?
- Finance of America Commercial Makes Big Push Into Broker Market with Fix & Flip Lending
- PHH Counsel Theodore Olson Lays Out Steps to Make the CFPB Constitutional
- Short Takes: Coming Soon: Falling Interest Rates? / Walter Gets Smacked Down Again / Embrace Sends its Top LOs to Boca / CoreLogics $5 Million Man (Rounded) / A New Hire for Silver Hill