MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Top Thrift MBS Investors
Chart ranking the largest mortgage security-holding thrift institutions by year. Data available from 1996-2Q11, except 2000, for which no data are available.
- 2006-2Q11 data include total MRS holdings for the period given, as well as total holdings for the previous period. MRS portfolio holdings are also provided, broken down by agency pool, CMO/REMIC and non-agency. Totals for all FDIC-insured thrifts are provided.
- 2001-2005 data include total MRS holdings by year, as well as total holdings for the previous year and the 3rd quarter of the year given. MRS portfolio holdings for the 4th quarter of the given year are also provided, broken down by derivatives, agency pool and non-agency. Totals for all FDIC-insured thrifts are provided.
- 1996-1999 data include MBS holdings in the CCMO/REMIC, agency and private categories, as well as total MRS holdings and change as a percentage from the previous year. Totals for all thrifts are included.
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Private MI Profile 3Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- What Does the Future Hold for PHH?
- Short Takes: HUD Nominee Carson Says he will Review the MIP Cut / Why Banks Avoid the FHA Program / HUDs Budget: $45 Billion / Investor Cuts Stake in Annaly / CPR&T Downgrades Ocwen
- Zeus Offers Crowdfunding for Hard-Money RE Loans. Four-Day Funding?
- Treasury Nominee Mnuchin Owns a Stake in Fannie & Freddie (Indirectly)
- What Were Hearing: Reading the Wells Fargo (Origination) Tea Leaves / Nonbanks Rule? / MSR Mark-up Mania / CA-Based Nonbank Plans to Hire 1,000 LOs? / The First To Go: Operations Staff / Cordray is Going to be Fired. No Duh