MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Top Thrift MBS Investors
Chart ranking the largest mortgage security-holding thrift institutions by year. Data available from 1996-2Q11, except 2000, for which no data are available.
- 2006-2Q11 data include total MRS holdings for the period given, as well as total holdings for the previous period. MRS portfolio holdings are also provided, broken down by agency pool, CMO/REMIC and non-agency. Totals for all FDIC-insured thrifts are provided.
- 2001-2005 data include total MRS holdings by year, as well as total holdings for the previous year and the 3rd quarter of the year given. MRS portfolio holdings for the 4th quarter of the given year are also provided, broken down by derivatives, agency pool and non-agency. Totals for all FDIC-insured thrifts are provided.
- 1996-1999 data include MBS holdings in the CCMO/REMIC, agency and private categories, as well as total MRS holdings and change as a percentage from the previous year. Totals for all thrifts are included.
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- An Alt Theory Emerges on the Spike in FHA Delinquencies. MSR Transfers the Culprit?
- New Rez: Large MSR Transfers from Banks to Nonbanks DoA; REIT in Talks with the FHFA
- Trouble in the Jumbo Sector? Originations Decline for Second Consecutive Quarter; Market Share Down Too
- Wholesale-Broker Production Suffers the Most in 4Q16, Down 6.7 Percent
- PE Investors Making Bets on Mortgage Disruptors. Building a Better Mousetrap?