MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Mortgage-Related Security Holdings at FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks
Listing of MRS holdings at FDIC-insured commercial banks by year. Data include pass-through MBS holdings (GNMA, FNMA/FHLMC, and private) as well as CMOs/REMICs (private, agency and total) and total bank MBS volume.
1984-2006 data are yearly from 1984-2003 and quarterly from 2004-2006.
1990-2007 data are yearly from 1990-2007 and include quarterly data from 2002-2007.
2000-2015 data are yearly from 2000-2003 and include quarterly data from 2004-2015.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- Freddie Tweaks Loan Advisor Product, Offers No-Cost Automated Appraisals
- Monday Morning Mortgage Shocker: Genworth Being Sold to Chinese Company
- CBO Says Even if GSE Plaintiffs Prevail, Treasury Would Still Get Most of the Earnings of Fannie and Freddie
- Short Takes: FHFA Chief Mel Watt: Embrace Change, Folks / Halfway to Five Years / MBAs Stevens Makes Reference to FHA Lawsuits / For Wells Fargo, the Fallout Continues
- Retail Channel was Dominant Source of Jumbos in First Half