MBS and Mortgage Investor Activity
Mortgage-Related Security Holdings at FDIC-Insured Commercial Banks
Listing of MRS holdings at FDIC-insured commercial banks by year. Data include pass-through MBS holdings (GNMA, FNMA/FHLMC, and private) as well as CMOs/REMICs (private, agency and total) and total bank MBS volume.
1984-2006 data are yearly from 1984-2003 and quarterly from 2004-2006.
1990-2007 data are yearly from 1990-2007 and include quarterly data from 2002-2007.
2000-2015 data are yearly from 2000-2003 and include quarterly data from 2004-2015.
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Private MI Profile 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: Time for Steve to Talk to Mel / Going to Bed, Disappointed / The GSE Stock Bet: Buy Low, Sell High / Is Pershing Square Losing Money on the GSEs? / NAR Chief Stays Hopeful on MIP Cut
- Treasury Nominee Mnuchin Shoots Down GSE Recap and Release Concept
- Freddie Mac Talking to IRS About Tax Issues Tied to the Single Security. Is the Float Taxable?
- Nonbanks Increased Agency Servicing by Almost 22 Percent in 2016
- Two Hours After Trump is Sworn In, HUD Issues Mortgagee Letter Killing the FHA MIP Reduction