Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Trends in Mortgage-Related Complaints
Chart detailing volume of consumer complaints related to mortgages filed with CFPB since 4Q11. Includes total by quarter and breakouts for loan modification, servicing, application/origination, timely response, consumer disputed, and closed.
Mortgage-Related Complaints by Company
Volume of consumer-filed complaints related to mortgages by institution for institutions with most complaints. Includes breakouts for complaints related to: loan modification, servicing and application/origination. Includes percentage of total complaints for timely response, consumer disputed and closed.
- June 30, 2015, and earlier: Volume is cumulative.
- After June 30, 2015: Volume is for time period.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- Monday Morning Mortgage Shocker: Genworth Being Sold to Chinese Company
- Freddie Tweaks Loan Advisor Product, Offers No-Cost Automated Appraisals
- CBO Says Even if GSE Plaintiffs Prevail, Treasury Would Still Get Most of the Earnings of Fannie and Freddie
- Retail Channel was Dominant Source of Jumbos in First Half
- Vehicle Finance, Credit Card Securitizations Fuel Sturdy Increase in 3Q16 ABS Issuance