Mortgage Rates and Terms
Comparison of Fixed and Adjustable Mortgage Rates
Data comparing rates and points for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages, 15-year fixed-rate mortgages, and 1-year adjustable-rate mortgages by month. Includes average data for the year.
Please note that data prior to 1991 do not include specific types of fixed-rate mortgages.
National Average Fixed-Rate Mortgage Contract Rates
Data for the average fixed-rate mortgage contract rates broken down by new homes, used homes and all homes. Listed by month with yearly averages.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- CBO Says Even if GSE Plaintiffs Prevail, Treasury Would Still Get Most of the Earnings of Fannie and Freddie
- A Milestone: Nonbanks Now Control 51 Percent-Plus of Ginnie Mae Servicing Market
- Realty Giant RE/MAX Launches Mortgage Brokerage Franchise. The Concept: One-Stop Shopping
- Freddie Tweaks Loan Advisor Product, Offers No-Cost Automated Appraisals
- Short Takes: FHFA Chief Mel Watt: Embrace Change, Folks / Halfway to Five Years / MBAs Stevens Makes Reference to FHA Lawsuits / For Wells Fargo, the Fallout Continues