Mortgage Origination Indicators
Data are the volume of VA originations, FHA endorsements, GSE new business, new private mortgage insurance volume, originations from the top 25 lenders, Non-Agency MBS and total originations.
Data are yearly from 1995; quarterly breakdown for current year.
Mortgage Originations by Product
Mortgage originations by the type of mortgage product. Product categories are FHA/VA, Conventional/Conforming, Jumbo, Subprime, Alt A and Home Equity Loans. Also include data for ARMs and Refinances.
1990-2002 data include yearly origination numbers from 1990-2002. 2000-3Q14 data include yearly origination numbers from 2000-4Q14 and quarterly data for 2004-4Q14.
Home-Equity Lending Activity
Columns include UPB on Balance Sheet for HELOC and CES; HELOC Commit.; Total HEL Business for Banks, Thrifts, and Credit Unions, and Non-Accrual rates for HELOC and CES.
1999-4Q14 data include yearly figures and 1Q10-4Q14 include quarterly figures.
Originations by Production Channel
The total amount of mortgage originations by production channel and the market share for each channel. Channels included are Retail, Wholesale (Broker), and Wholesale (Correspondent).
Yearly data from 1995-2009, with quarterly data for 2010-4Q14.
Alternative Mortgage Originations
Data detailing the dollar amount of alternative mortgages originated for a given time period. In addition to total originations, categories include both ARM and FRM interest-only originations, as well as total interest-only originations, option ARM, 40-year balloon, other Alt A and total originations. Alternative mortgage market share is also included.
Yearly data from 2004-2013, with quarterly data for 2005-2013.
NMLS Call Report Activity
The total dollar amount of mortgage originations reported on NMLS call reports by quarter. Includes breakouts by conventional, FHA, VA, retail and broker.
Mortgage Origination Forecasts
Chart showing mortgage origination forecasts from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Mortgage Bankers Association. Includes forecasts for total originations, refinance originations and purchase originations. Includes annual projections for 2013 to 2016 (no 2016 projections available from Fannie Mae) and quarterly projections from 1Q14 to 2Q15.
- Mortgage Profitability 4Q14
- Top Players 4Q14
- Agency Channel Analysis: 2014
- GSE Seller Profile: 4Q14
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 4Q14
The Supreme Court recently decided that mortgage loan officers are entitled to overtime pay. How has this affected your shop?
- It's a very big deal, but our company will limit OT pay or pay very little.
- Its sort of a big deal, but we have no plans to pay overtime pay at all.
- We have no problem paying our LOs OT.
- Were still studying the case and have not yet decided what to do.
Most Popular Stories
- Freddies CEO Layton: Earnings Wont Rise Much From Here
- Short Takes: CFPB Holds a Candle for the 'Credit Invisible' / Walter Gets Smacked Around Too / New Fannie MF MBS / Correction on MDS
- Fears Over TRIDs Impact Intensify as Clock Ticks
- State Regulators Found Evidence of Document Tampering by Servicers
- Nationstars Stock Hammered After Firm Posts $48 Million 1Q Loss