Mortgage Origination Indicators
Data are the volume of VA originations, FHA endorsements, GSE new business, new private mortgage insurance volume, originations from the top 25 lenders, Non-Agency MBS and total originations.
Data are yearly from 1995; quarterly breakdown for current year.
Mortgage Originations by Product
Mortgage originations by the type of mortgage product. Product categories are FHA/VA, Conventional/Conforming, Jumbo, Subprime, Alt A and Home Equity Loans. Also include data for ARMs and Refinances.
1990-2002 data include yearly origination numbers from 1990-2002. 2000-1Q13 data include yearly origination numbers from 2000-2012 and quarterly data for 2011-1Q13.
Home-Equity Lending Activity
Columns include UPB on Balance Sheet for HELOC and CES; HELOC Commit.; Total HEL Business for Banks, Thrifts, and Credit Unions, and Non-Accrual rates for HELOC and CES.
1999-2010 data include yearly figures and 1Q11-4Q12 include quarterly figures.
Originations by Production Channel
The total amount of mortgage originations by production channel and the market share for each channel. Channels included are Retail, Wholesale (Broker), and Wholesale (Correspondent).
Yearly data from 1995-2009, with quarterly data for 2010-4Q12.
Alternative Mortgage Originations
Data detailing the dollar amount of alternative mortgages originated for a given time period. In addition to total originations, categories include both ARM and FRM interest-only originations, as well as total interest-only originations, option ARM, 40-year balloon, other Alt A and total originations. Alternative mortgage market share is also included.
Yearly data from 2004-2012, with quarterly data for 2005-2012.
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile
- Mortgage Profitability Report
- GSE Seller Profile: 1Q13
- GSE Repurchase Activity Full Year 2012
- Top Mortgage Players
- 2013 Mortgage Market Statistical Annual
Most Popular Stories
- Caliber Enters the Correspondent Channel, Taps PennyMac Executive
- Springleaf Readies Latest Non-Agency MBS, S&P Notes Lower Default Risk, Weak Enforcement Mechanism
- Home-Equity Market Still in Doldrums Despite Small Climb in Bank Unfunded Commitments
- No Private Right of Action Under HAMP, Appellate Court Rules
- What Were Hearing: The Great GSE Preferred Stock Crapshoot / CBO Gives a Nod to Fannie and Freddie / The Buyback War is Not Over, Not By a Long Shot / Are Call Center Lenders In Play? / The QRM Rule May Get a Makeover / Goodman Going Part-Time at Amherst