Mortgage Origination Indicators
Data are the volume of VA originations, FHA endorsements, GSE new business, new private mortgage insurance volume, originations from the top 25 lenders, Non-Agency MBS and total originations.
Data are yearly from 1995; quarterly breakdown for current year.
Mortgage Originations by Product
Mortgage originations by the type of mortgage product. Product categories are FHA/VA, Conventional/Conforming, Jumbo, Subprime, Alt A and Home Equity Loans. Also include data for ARMs and Refinances.
1990-2002 data include yearly origination numbers from 1990-2002. 2000-3Q13 data include yearly origination numbers from 2000-3Q13 and quarterly data for 2004-3Q13.
Home-Equity Lending Activity
Columns include UPB on Balance Sheet for HELOC and CES; HELOC Commit.; Total HEL Business for Banks, Thrifts, and Credit Unions, and Non-Accrual rates for HELOC and CES.
1999-2Q13 data include yearly figures and 1Q12-2Q13 include quarterly figures.
Originations by Production Channel
The total amount of mortgage originations by production channel and the market share for each channel. Channels included are Retail, Wholesale (Broker), and Wholesale (Correspondent).
Yearly data from 1995-2009, with quarterly data for 2010-3Q13.
Alternative Mortgage Originations
Data detailing the dollar amount of alternative mortgages originated for a given time period. In addition to total originations, categories include both ARM and FRM interest-only originations, as well as total interest-only originations, option ARM, 40-year balloon, other Alt A and total originations. Alternative mortgage market share is also included.
Yearly data from 2004-2012, with quarterly data for 2005-2012.
- GSE Seller Profile: 3Q13
- GSE Repurchase Activity First Half 2013
- Top Mortgage Players: 2Q13
- Mortgage Profitability Report: 2Q13
- GSE Market Profile: FY12
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile
With loan volumes falling, particularly refinancings, where do you see originations coming in at in 2014?
- $1.4 trillion to $1.6 trillion
- $1.2 trillion to $1.39 trillion
- $1 trillion to $1.19 trillion
- Beam me up, Scotty
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Mortgage Debt Grows for First Time Since the Housing Bust
- FHFA Seeks Oversight of MSR Transfers North of 25,000 Mortgages
- FHFA Abruptly Cancels Policy Briefing on MI Eligibility Rules
- Borrower Fraud Could Increase Because of New QM Requirements
- Chief Investment Officer Bill King Departs Carrington