Mortgage Origination Indicators
Data are the volume of VA originations, FHA endorsements, GSE new business, new private mortgage insurance volume, originations from the top 25 lenders, Non-Agency MBS and total originations.
Data are yearly from 1995; quarterly breakdown for current year.
Mortgage Originations by Product
Mortgage originations by the type of mortgage product. Product categories are FHA/VA, Conventional/Conforming, Jumbo, Subprime, and Alt A. Also include data for ARMs and Refinances.
Originations by Production Channel
The total amount of mortgage originations by production channel and the market share for each channel. Channels included are Retail, Wholesale (Broker), and Wholesale (Correspondent).
Yearly data from 1995-2009, with quarterly data for 2010-2Q16.
Channel/Loan Type Detail
Matrix showing share of market by channel (retail, correspondent, broker) for three loan types (conventional conforming, jumbo, government insured) over time.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- Commercial MBS Gained Momentum in 3Q16, But Still Lags Last Years Pace
- What Were Hearing: A Two-Year Window to Fix Fannie and Freddie? / On Jan. 1, 2018, the GSE Piggybank Goes Dark / Treasury Loves GSE Earnings but not the GSEs / Three Standouts: Caliber, Freedom and UWM / Silver Hill Keeps Hiring
- Ginnie Mae Tries to Allay Investor Fears on Streamlined Refis
- The Origination Tally for 3Q16: $580 Billion; Nonbanks Now Control Half the Market
- SG Capital Partners Issues its First Nonprime MBS; RPM Mortgage the Top Contributor