Mortgage Origination Indicators
Data are the volume of VA originations, FHA endorsements, GSE new business, new private mortgage insurance volume, originations from the top 25 lenders, Non-Agency MBS and total originations.
Data are yearly from 1995; quarterly breakdown for current year.
Mortgage Originations by Product
Mortgage originations by the type of mortgage product. Product categories are FHA/VA, Conventional/Conforming, Jumbo, Subprime, Alt A and Home Equity Loans. Also include data for ARMs and Refinances.
1990-2002 data include yearly origination numbers from 1990-2002. 2000-1Q14 data include yearly origination numbers from 2000-1Q14 and quarterly data for 2004-1Q14.
Home-Equity Lending Activity
Columns include UPB on Balance Sheet for HELOC and CES; HELOC Commit.; Total HEL Business for Banks, Thrifts, and Credit Unions, and Non-Accrual rates for HELOC and CES.
1999-1Q14 data include yearly figures and 1Q13-1Q14 include quarterly figures.
Originations by Production Channel
The total amount of mortgage originations by production channel and the market share for each channel. Channels included are Retail, Wholesale (Broker), and Wholesale (Correspondent).
Yearly data from 1995-2009, with quarterly data for 2010-2Q14.
Alternative Mortgage Originations
Data detailing the dollar amount of alternative mortgages originated for a given time period. In addition to total originations, categories include both ARM and FRM interest-only originations, as well as total interest-only originations, option ARM, 40-year balloon, other Alt A and total originations. Alternative mortgage market share is also included.
Yearly data from 2004-2013, with quarterly data for 2005-2013.
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 2Q14
- GSE Seller Profile: 2Q14
- Mortgage Profitability Report: 1Q14
- Top Mortgage Players: 1Q14
- Agency Condo Market: 2013
- GSE Repurchase Activity Full Year 2013
- Servicing Strategies and MSRs
- Non-Qualified Mortgages
- CFPB Exam and Enforcement
- Mortgage Buybacks Guide 2014
- Mortgage Originations Channels
- CFPB Mortgage Disclosure Requirements
- Qualified Residential Mortgages and Risk Retention
- CFPB's LO Comp Rule
- Ability-to-Repay Rule and Qualified Mortgages
- Fair Lending Compliance
- CFPB Regulation of Mortgage Servicing
Home-equity lending is beginning to show new life. My company (pick one):
- Plans to enter this market over the next 12 months.
- Is already making home equity loans and hopes to increase the offerings.
- Is in the market but dont expect much growth.
- Is not making second liens and has no plans to do so.
Most Popular Stories
- What Were Hearing: The Never Ending Ocwen Story / Moodys Downgrades Ocwen / No HQ Sale for Freddie Mac / Will the CFPB Buy the Fannie Property? / Now, Why Does Fannie Mae Need an Attorney with NYSE Knowledge?
- Non-Agency Players Want Fannie/Freddie Loan Limits Lowered, But
- Colorado Lender Sees Mortgage Volume Devastated When All of Its Loan Officers Quit
- Mortgage M&A Heats Up. A Busy Second Half in Terms of Deals?
- FHFA IG: Freddie Mac Could Save Millions by Reviewing More Servicer Claims