Mortgage Origination Indicators
Data are the volume of VA originations, FHA endorsements, GSE new business, new private mortgage insurance volume, originations from the top 25 lenders, Non-Agency MBS and total originations.
Data are yearly from 1995; quarterly breakdown for current year.
Mortgage Originations by Product
Mortgage originations by the type of mortgage product. Product categories are FHA/VA, Conventional/Conforming, Jumbo, Subprime, Alt A and Home Equity Loans. Also include data for ARMs and Refinances.
1990-2002 data include yearly origination numbers from 1990-2002. 2000-2Q14 data include yearly origination numbers from 2000-2Q14 and quarterly data for 2004-2Q14.
Home-Equity Lending Activity
Columns include UPB on Balance Sheet for HELOC and CES; HELOC Commit.; Total HEL Business for Banks, Thrifts, and Credit Unions, and Non-Accrual rates for HELOC and CES.
1999-1Q14 data include yearly figures and 1Q13-1Q14 include quarterly figures.
Originations by Production Channel
The total amount of mortgage originations by production channel and the market share for each channel. Channels included are Retail, Wholesale (Broker), and Wholesale (Correspondent).
Yearly data from 1995-2009, with quarterly data for 2010-2Q14.
Alternative Mortgage Originations
Data detailing the dollar amount of alternative mortgages originated for a given time period. In addition to total originations, categories include both ARM and FRM interest-only originations, as well as total interest-only originations, option ARM, 40-year balloon, other Alt A and total originations. Alternative mortgage market share is also included.
Yearly data from 2004-2013, with quarterly data for 2005-2013.
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 2Q14
- GSE Seller Profile: 2Q14
- Mortgage Profitability Report: 1Q14
- Top Mortgage Players: 1Q14
- Agency Condo Market: 2013
- GSE Repurchase Activity Full Year 2013
Most Popular Stories
- Offering Book Circulating on Nations 16th Largest Originator: Stearns
- Short Takes: New Hampshire Nonbank About to be Sold / PE Firms Like Hard Money, Crowdfunding, P2P / Are Commercial Banks Toast? / Virginia Sues Wall Street Over PLS / Great Scot! Who Gets the RBS Liability?
- FHFA Rejects IGs Findings on the Loosening of Buyback Rules
- Former Obama Official: You Can Trace Tight Credit to Lenders Paying Huge Legal Settlements
- Industry Asks CFPB for More Written Guidance on RESPA-TILA Integration