Mortgage Origination Indicators
Data are the volume of VA originations, FHA endorsements, GSE new business, new private mortgage insurance volume, originations from the top 25 lenders, Non-Agency MBS and total originations.
Data are yearly from 1995; quarterly breakdown for current year.
Mortgage Originations by Product
Mortgage originations by the type of mortgage product. Product categories are FHA/VA, Conventional/Conforming, Jumbo, Subprime, Alt A and Home Equity Loans. Also include data for ARMs and Refinances.
1990-2002 data include yearly origination numbers from 1990-2002. 2000-4Q14 data include yearly origination numbers from 2000-4Q14 and quarterly data for 2004-4Q14. 2000-1Q15 data include yearly total first-lien origination numbers from 2000-2014 and quarterly data for 1Q14-1Q15.
Home-Equity Lending Activity
1999-1Q15 Columns include HEL Outstanding, HEL originations, UPB on Balance Sheet for HELOC and CES; HELOC Commit.; Total HEL Business for Banks, Thrifts, and Credit Unions, and Non-Accrual rates for HELOC and CES.
1999-1Q15 data include yearly figures and 1Q14-1Q15 include quarterly figures.
1999-4Q14 Columns include UPB on Balance Sheet for HELOC and CES; HELOC Commit.; Total HEL Business for Banks, Thrifts, and Credit Unions, and Non-Accrual rates for HELOC and CES.
1999-4Q14 data include yearly figures and 1Q10-4Q14 include quarterly figures.
Originations by Production Channel
The total amount of mortgage originations by production channel and the market share for each channel. Channels included are Retail, Wholesale (Broker), and Wholesale (Correspondent).
Yearly data from 1995-2009, with quarterly data for 2010-1Q15.
Alternative Mortgage Originations
Data detailing the dollar amount of alternative mortgages originated for a given time period. In addition to total originations, categories include both ARM and FRM interest-only originations, as well as total interest-only originations, option ARM, 40-year balloon, other Alt A and total originations. Alternative mortgage market share is also included.
Yearly data from 2004-2013, with quarterly data for 2005-2013.
NMLS Call Report Activity
The total dollar amount of mortgage originations reported on NMLS call reports by quarter. Includes breakouts by conventional, FHA, VA, retail, broker, purchase and refi.
Mortgage Origination Forecasts
Chart showing mortgage origination forecasts from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Mortgage Bankers Association. Includes forecasts for total originations, refinance originations and purchase originations. The October 2014 data includes annual projections for 2013 to 2016 (no 2016 projections available from Fannie Mae) and quarterly projections from 1Q14 to 2Q15. The May 2015 data includes annual projections for 2014 to 2016 and quarterly projections from 4Q14 to 4Q16.
- Top Players 1Q15
- Nonbank Agency Seller Servicers 1Q15
- GSE Seller Profile 1Q15
- GSE Private Mortgage Insurance Profile 1Q15
- Mortgage Profitability 4Q14
- Agency Channel Analysis: 2014
Most Popular Stories
- After Hedge Fund Accumulates Large Stake, Walter Enacts Poison Pill Language
- Short Takes: A Killer Quarter for Fannie and Freddie? / A Shrinking Market: Bad Loans / Turn, Turn, Turn Times / Stonegates Third-Party Loan Portal / New Hires for Mortgage Network, Ellie Mae
- Bank Use of Principal Reduction Loan Modifications Spiked in First Quarter
- On the Rise: Securitization of VA Jumbo Mortgages
- What Were Hearing: Lowering the Boom on LPMI? / Ex-Goldman Sachs MGDs In Love With Subprime? / Leaving Mortgages for Weed / PIMCOs Non-Agency MBS Plans / Industry Vet Mike McMahon Retires