Mortgage Origination Activity
Mortgage Origination Forecasts
Chart showing mortgage origination forecasts from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Mortgage Bankers Association. Includes forecasts for total originations, refinance originations and purchase originations. The October 2014 data includes annual projections for 2013 to 2016 (no 2016 projections available from Fannie Mae) and quarterly projections from 1Q14 to 2Q15. The May 2015 data includes annual projections for 2014 to 2016 and quarterly projections from 4Q14 to 4Q16.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- Nonbank MSR Share Expands in 3Q16
- MorVest Working on Large Ginnie Mae MSR Sale
- The Clayton Revolving Door Continues. A Goodwill Charge for Radian?
- GNMA Revises Pooling-Eligibility Rules for Streamlined Refi Loans
- Vehicle Finance, Credit Card Securitizations Fuel Sturdy Increase in 3Q16 ABS Issuance