Private Mortgage Insurance Activity
Insured Mortgage Loan Characteristics
Chart detailing underwriting and market characteristics of insured loans by insurance type and loan purpose. For each loan purpose (purchase, first-time homebuyer, refinance), chart provides volume, underwriting characteristics and market data by insurance type (private MI, FHA, VA, USDA rural). Underwriting characteristics are credit score, original loan-to-value, debt-to-income and loan size. Market data are market share and distribution (category's share of guarantor's total volume).
Trends in GSE MI-Insured Business
Chart details loan characteristics for MI-insured loans sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Provides volume, average loan size, average loan-to-value ratio, average FICO score and average debt-to-income ratio for purchase mortgage loans with and without mortgage insurance and refinance loans with and without mortgage insurance.
After the November elections, how long will it take for a new Congress and White House to pass GSE reform legislation?
- Im confident a bill will be passed the first year.
- 2 to 3 years. GSE reform is complicated.
- Sadly it wont happen in a Clinton or Trump first term.
- Not in my lifetime.
Most Popular Stories
- MorVest Working on Large Ginnie Mae MSR Sale
- Private Mortgage Insurers Winning Purchase Market Share
- The Clayton Revolving Door Continues. A Goodwill Charge for Radian?
- MBA Files TRID 2.0 Comment Letter, Asks for 14 Fixes, Including Cures
- FHFA Issues Guidelines for Internal Audits at Fannie, Freddie and the FHLBanks