Private Mortgage Insurance Activity
Insured Mortgage Loan Characteristics
Chart detailing underwriting and market characteristics of insured loans by insurance type and loan purpose. For each loan purpose (purchase, first-time homebuyer, refinance), chart provides volume, underwriting characteristics and market data by insurance type (private MI, FHA, VA, USDA rural). Underwriting characteristics are credit score, original loan-to-value, debt-to-income and loan size. Market data are market share and distribution (category's share of guarantor's total volume).
Trends in GSE MI-Insured Business
Chart details loan characteristics for MI-insured loans sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Provides volume, average loan size, average loan-to-value ratio, average FICO score and average debt-to-income ratio for purchase mortgage loans with and without mortgage insurance and refinance loans with and without mortgage insurance.
- GSE Private MI Profile 4Q16
- GSE Seller Profile 4Q16
- Top Players 3Q16
- Top 20 Lender Profiles 3Q16
- Mortgage Profitability 3Q16
- GSE Repurchase Activity Thru 2Q16
Most Popular Stories
- An Alt Theory Emerges on the Spike in FHA Delinquencies. MSR Transfers the Culprit?
- New Rez: Large MSR Transfers from Banks to Nonbanks DoA; REIT in Talks with the FHFA
- Trouble in the Jumbo Sector? Originations Decline for Second Consecutive Quarter; Market Share Down Too
- Wholesale-Broker Production Suffers the Most in 4Q16, Down 6.7 Percent
- NAR Wants the GSEs to Reduce Fees, Complains to FHFA about Fannie Financing SFRs for Wall Street