Private Mortgage Insurance Activity
Insured Mortgage Loan Characteristics
Chart detailing underwriting and market characteristics of insured loans by insurance type and loan purpose. For each loan purpose (purchase, first-time homebuyer, refinance), chart provides volume, underwriting characteristics and market data by insurance type (private MI, FHA, VA, USDA rural). Underwriting characteristics are credit score, original loan-to-value, debt-to-income and loan size. Market data are market share and distribution (category's share of guarantor's total volume).
Trends in GSE MI-Insured Business
Chart details loan characteristics for MI-insured loans sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Provides volume, average loan size, average loan-to-value ratio, average FICO score and average debt-to-income ratio for purchase mortgage loans with and without mortgage insurance and refinance loans with and without mortgage insurance.
Most Popular Stories
- Exclusive: Fannie and Freddie Received Marching Orders from the FHFA: Have the Same G-Fees
- A Significant Increase in Agency Jumbos for 2Q; GSE Loan Limit to Increase?
- Will the Wells Fargo Account Scandal Hit the Megabanks Mortgage Business? Correspondent Sellers Fear Reputational Risk
- What Were Hearing: The Mortgage Customer and Wells Fargo? / This Too Shall Blow Over Maybe / Houston-Based Mortgage Firm Up For Grabs / Question for Promontory: Do You Really Want to be Owned by IBM? / MBA Chief: Hillary Clearer on Housing Issues
- New Residential Bundles Excess Spread from MSRs on Non-Agency MBS into a New $345 Million ABS